Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
I think ralls offers energy and will look better game by game next to an organised and tidy pack, I think we need to give up this 10 nonsense unless we play a 10 there, and Tomlin judging by his instagram wasn’t even in Wales yesterday, so we definitely need Vaulks in there (at cm)

Pack- defensive awareness, organiser, talks all game, can pick a pass and doesn’t hoof it as his first option

Ralls- energy and gets up and down the pitch, puts it all in and battles

Vaulks- little seen but looks comfortable on the ball, can pass, and gets around the pitch

All 3 NATURAL midfielders

I agree Pato has an energy and puts a shift in and I’m not denying the lad is a decent player, but he doesn’t have A position,as such.

Put him on last 20 if were winning to give them something to think about.
Put him on last 20 if were a goal down and want to pump long balls out to the side right for him to get onto.

When improvements come along, you have to put them in the team, even at the expense of the manager and fans favourites, for the benefit of the whole team.
I think Paterson's best position is on the right side of an attacking three, so this is the team that I'm hoping to see at Reading:

Smithies

Bennett
Flint
Morrison
Peltier

Ralls
Pack
Vaulks

Murphy
Glatzel
Paterson