League position wise we are 4 places above where we were when Warnock took over.

Yes, he took us up and did a great job doing so but we also came straight back down and at times during the relegation was found wanting. Fulham away being the glaring example.

Announcing he will retire at the end of this season has harmed our recruiting drive I feel. Why would a player sign for a club and manager where they might be surplus to requirements in 9 months time? I also think it has had a negative effect on the mental side of the players at the club also. The announcement and the timing of it has created uncertainty and a negative air when it wasn't needed.

The reasons I think he should have walked at the end of last season were -
1) I think that his brand of football has been (or is well on the way to being) found out and nullified with ease.
2) He does not seem to have a plan B when we are nullified and seemingly get beaten when teams work us out.
3) The time he is here now is time that could be used by another manager to assess what is here and work out what he needs to bring in. Let's be honest when Warnock goes there will be a manager who wants to play a different way and it will be a case of rip it up and start again. Warnock's swan song season was ideally seen as one where he would challenge for yet another promotion.

Put bluntly if we do not look like getting a promotion then leaving Warnock at the helm is wasting time that could be used a lot better by the next man in. People say be careful what you wish for but he is going in May regardless so surely the decision on a new man will be made at some point in the near future anyway. Whether I have faith in those in power positions at the club to pick a competent successor is another thing entirely though. I think Warnock's appointment and subsequent success was a stroke of luck and an exception to the rule given what they picked prior to him.