Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Rob Phillips said on his phone in last night that when there was speculation about Mike Flynn taking the Swansea job during the summer, he always thought Cardiff was a more realistic option for him. As Surge said earlier in the thread, we need evolution rather than revolution and so Flynn's experience of playing a long ball game at Newport would be a help, but the talk on the phone in was that as he had lost a bit of pace from his side in the summer, he is in the process of introducing more of a passing style at County.

I think Flynn would be a realistic choice for us - he's proved he can spot a good player at League 2 level, so I feel it should follow that he can do so at Championship level as well. People say he is an honest bloke who is popular with fans and his players alike and given the way he can get his team up for cup ties against Premier League sides, he appears to be a good man manager - County put us to shame when you compare their attitude when playing at home to Man City last season to ours.

Also, I wouldn't be put off by Nathan Jones' imminent sacking from Stoke - we could do worse than choose him.
I'd go for Nathan Jones, He did alot of very good work at Luton, I don't think Stoke are right for him. He's also from the area, did his time with City and can't quite work out why he wasn't given a Pro contract as he could play, i think he went over to Spain with Colin Addison for a bit.