Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Therefore, when you say "Maybe it's an education thing? I was taught to question everything", you're aren't talking about your formal education then? What you say above, all sounds pretty impressive until you realise that it simply isn't true - how can it be when your self proclaimed deductive reasoning and redeployed research skills appear to fly out of the window when it comes to the subject of this thread? You and the other members of the mutual admiration society that is the I know everything about everything club have no acknowledgement of shades of grey whatsoever, whereas quite a few of us, who you and Mr Bird were dismissing as sheep a week or two ago, have shown an ability to recognise that there can be a truth which lies between the two extremes.
Before the internet, the only source of up to date information on current affairs was the media, so it wasn't commonly known that they manipulated events. I already had the research skills, but there was no access to raw data to discover these things independently. When I saw what was happening with the WOMD story, I took note of it, and I changed my strategy. So yes, it is an educational thing when you are able to modify your own behaviour when confronted with new knowledge. In the piece above I am mostly talking the post-internet age, where there really are no excuses if you get hoodwinked by the media. I have cleaned up my information game, whereas you clearly haven't. Don't worry about what other people are doing, just take a good took at yourself and see what you are doing wrong today. Life is a journey for everybody, and it's never too late to change your ways.