Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
So, how does a back four that will consist of three thirty plus year olds and a twenty nine year old, backed up by a thirty five year old, come the end of the season fit in with the "project"? Neil Warnock is all about the here and now and I can understand that from his perspective at this stage of his career.

I'm no intellectual, but I would have thought that if someone has to resort to.telling people they are one, it probably means they aren't.
To answer your question with another one: if we get rid of Warnock now and bring in say an Ajax youth coach or manager from La Liga then what on earth are they going to do with the defenders you've listed? We'd be trying out a new style mid-season and likely with players not up to it. I am not fan of spending £6million on Flint when it seems such an expensive and short-term move, but I think it would be doubling down on a mistake to ask Warnock to leave without a fully thought out plan of what happens next, potentially giving what is clearly a hardcore Warnock defence to a more "progressive" manager for the rest of the season.