+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gavin Whyte v Kadeem Harris

Re: Gavin Whyte v Kadeem Harris

Everybody above has condemned Harris, so pointless trying to make his case.

Whyte has a massive amount to prove, he's not impressed in any way so far, no confidence and way too lightweight.

I'll take Chris Burke thanks.

When Harris used to come on or even start, i can honestly say that i never thought "oh bollocks", i will admit to often forgetting that he was still at the Club. Harris wasn't great but never let us down when called upon. In my opinion, Whyte was brought in as a direct replacement so its perfectly natural to compare.
    If Whyte is worth £2m, Harris should be in the £5m bracket as he's far better.

Until this season started, Whyte has scored more career goals than Harris despite being three years younger and really only having one season to count on.

In the thread about Tomlin someone posts that we should recognise that players with spark to change the game wouldn't be in the championship if they were perfect but we should support them less end up with 11 water-carriers. Why are we supporting players like Tomlin but taking shots at what is likely to be the only nomination for young player of the year? Why are we expecting the manager to make use of the youth development at the club but we're not ready to give a young player the chance to play themselves in?

How many starts did Harris have here? I don’t think he was ever given a consistent enough run in the team.

I was always impressed with him the few minutes I saw him play.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    How many starts did Harris have here? I don’t think he was ever given a consistent enough run in the team.

I was always impressed with him the few minutes I saw him play.
    But Whyte scored 5 goals for Oxford in league one

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Until this season started, Whyte has scored more career goals than Harris despite being three years younger and really only having one season to count on.

In the thread about Tomlin someone posts that we should recognise that players with spark to change the game wouldn't be in the championship if they were perfect but we should support them less end up with 11 water-carriers. Why are we supporting players like Tomlin but taking shots at what is likely to be the only nomination for young player of the year? Why are we expecting the manager to make use of the youth development at the club but we're not ready to give a young player the chance to play themselves in?
    Because it’s quite evident that Tomlin has the footballing quality this squad is seriously short of and can create things out of nothing. Like him rolling the defender and forcing a great save off the keeper last Saturday. Whyte hasn’t managed to beat his full back once in 4 games and has consistently given possession away. Early signs are he looks out of his depth.

He’s not some 18 year old kid from the academy. He’s 23, 24 in a few months, and we paid 2/2.5m for him.

The fact he could be young player of the year means nothing he is probably the only person that could win it!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because it’s quite evident that Tomlin has the footballing quality this squad is seriously short of and can create things out of nothing. Like him rolling the defender and forcing a great save off the keeper last Saturday. Whyte hasn’t managed to beat his full back once in 4 games and has consistently given possession away. Early signs are he looks out of his depth.

He’s not some 18 year old kid from the academy. He’s 23, 24 in a few months, and we paid 2/2.5m for him.

The fact he could be young player of the year means nothing he is probably the only person that could win it!
    He is relatively young in that he's our youngest player making an impact thus far and that his journey makes the Championship a very new experience. No wonder Warnock won't buy anyone under the age of 25 if this is how we support young players.

He is relatively young in that he's our youngest player making an impact thus far and that his journey makes the Championship a very new experience. No wonder Warnock won't buy anyone under the age of 25 if this is how we support young players.
    Oh please spare us the Warnock doesn’t buy young players because the way they are supported here.

He doesn’t use them because he’s a relic who gives out long term contracts to players at the wrong end of their careers because he’s getting something out of it.

And what is this Whyte impact you talk about? What impact as he made? I can’t think of a chance he’s created, let alone come close to a goal or an assist.

He was signed for a few million and is nearly 24. People have every right to comment what they think he’s brought to the team as they would any new signing? That is what a forum is for is it not? To discuss the football (or lack of it) on show?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh please spare us the Warnock doesn’t buy young players because the way they are supported here.

He doesn’t use them because he’s a relic who gives out long term contracts to players at the wrong end of their careers because he’s getting something out of it.

And what is this Whyte impact you talk about? What impact as he made? I can’t think of a chance he’s created, let alone come close to a goal or an assist.

He was signed for a few million and is nearly 24. People have every right to comment what they think he’s brought to the team as they would any new signing? That is what a forum is for is it not? To discuss the football (or lack of it) on show?
    If young players don’t sign for us it’s because their parents and agents take one look at our track record of bringing youngsters through and the way we play and decide it’s probably detrimental to the development of their son/client

That goes back before Warnock but has intensified with him here

Which father would want his kid to develop at a club where if by some chance they get some first team game time the team has a pathetic amount of possession

The youth coaches at city must be pulling their hair out... “oh and by the way, forget everything we have worked on if you do get into the first team squad... if by a miracle you do get the ball just hoof it and run around like a headless chicken, the gaffer will like that”

As with a few others I think we need the lad to embed himself in and see how he develops, its a pity he is not playing in a winning side instead of one that looks like its struggling with overall game plan ,that cannot be helping any of our signings, as fans single them out for attention.

Whyte looks miles out of his depth, perhaps understandably considering he was part time just over 12 months ago. It's way too early to write him off but I wouldn't exactly rush to his defence either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Whyte looks miles out of his depth, perhaps understandably considering he was part time just over 12 months ago. It's way too early to write him off but I wouldn't exactly rush to his defence either.
    I've missed the last two matches, but I thought that Whyte did okay against Luton and Huddersfield. I suspect that Warnock wasn't planning to play him so much early in the season, but Mendez-Laing is injured again and Hoilett doesn't look like he can offer much more than 30 minutes coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I've missed the last two matches, but I thought that Whyte did okay against Luton and Huddersfield. I suspect that Warnock wasn't planning to play him so much early in the season, but Mendez-Laing is injured again and Hoilett doesn't look like he can offer much more than 30 minutes coming off the bench.
    He was atrocious against Huddersfield, I thought. He constantly gave the ball away, got caught in possession and looked lost. Out of possession he was decent but he's a winger, not a full back. Chalk and cheese between him and Murphy.