Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
It certainly sounds a very defensive set up last night. There seems a real crisis in confidence st the club which seems a bit odd. If you had lost all of your games then I could understand it but it’s been an average start to the season. Not a good start but not a disastrous start. Just average.

I still think Cardiff will feature somewhere in the top half but top two doesn’t look likely on current form. Given where the club have been post war that would still be one of the highest finishes in the League the club have managed in the past 70 years. So is it really that bad?
You seem a good guy Pearcey but what has the last 70 years got to do with it.

The context of the club is that it was on an upward curve since Warnock took over 3 years ago.

Last season was obviously different considering our opposition yet we were in with a chance of staying up almost until the end.

Comparatively we have spent buckets of money since the year we went up and it's like we've thrown it down the drain on purpose in order to remain "plucky underdogs" and to "hang on to coattails"!

Good post TLG by the way. Yes I will agree with those who protest that Fulham were boring. Parker definitely got it wrong playing Harry Arter and Harrison Reed last night.

Arter is limited at best and I was struggling to see how the position he was continually taking up in like a left sided central defensive midfield area was in anyway effective!

Even it was on our left where Murphy was it would be a bit more understandable but we don't create anything there and playing Johansen and pushing him further forward would have hurt us more.

All I learned last night was Scott Parkers limitations.