+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Slade watch

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I used to come away from watching City while slade was in charge feeling depressed, even if we had won, it didn't feel like a win. He always reminded me of a mates old man who had been emotionally blackmailed into managing the u14s, no football knowledge, looked ****ing terrible in a tracksuit and the demeanour of a dad trying to hard at his daughters wedding. I couldn't even look at him.

He seemed a lovely chap before he managed us but I developed a real hatred for the man after listening to his interviews. Post and pre match.

He once made a victory over an already relegated Blackpool, who were complete disarray that year, in an end of season dead rubber sound like we’d just beaten Barcelona in the Champions League final. Describing it as “potentially our toughest game of the season”. Because they were already relegated and could play with freedom. A wounded animal I think he called them.

No, Russell, they were relegated because they were completely ****ing woeful that season.

Re: Slade watch

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

He seemed a lovely chap before he managed us but I developed a real hatred for the man after listening to his interviews. Post and pre match.

He once made a victory over an already relegated Blackpool, who were complete disarray that year, in an end of season dead rubber sound like we’d just beaten Barcelona in the Champions League final. Describing it as “potentially our toughest game of the season”. Because they were already relegated and could play with freedom. A wounded animal I think he called them.

No, Russell, they were relegated because they were completely ****ing woeful that season.
    The old 'play with freedom' bollocks. Same as the 'it's harder to play against ten men' if so, then why don't teams start with ten players?