+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fulham v WBA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fulham v WBA

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Fulham are not playing their style of football as well as they did 2 years ago (or maybe 20 months ago) and neither are we with our preferred style. Both ways can be effective and in my opinion both can be entertaining. Fulham have become slower and ponderous, and we have lost some of that zip and accuracy we had.

So-called 'Warnockball' if that means 40% possession, defending deep and playing on the counter, keeping it safe at the back, getting the ball forward quickly (either long balls or passed on through the midfield with no wasted touches) and then letting power, pace and skill cause havoc, is fine by me. The problem is that we haven't done that very well for a while.
    Fulham were previously more adventurous and played at a higher tempo than the team I saw 2 weeks ago.

Regarding Cardiff, sadly this season we just aren’t “keeping it safe at the back“ enough and seem to be letting in soft goals every game that the team of 2 years ago weren’t.

Hopefully the return of Etheridge and Pack will improve things but as much as I like Bamba fear he may not be the same after his injury and won’t be able to rely on making his last ditch tackles or blocks ......I hope I am wrong !

Re: Fulham v WBA

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Fulham were previously more adventurous and played at a higher tempo than the team I saw 2 weeks ago.

Regarding Cardiff, sadly this season we just aren’t “keeping it safe at the back“ enough and seem to be letting in soft goals every game that the team of 2 years ago weren’t.

Hopefully the return of Etheridge and Pack will improve things but as much as I like Bamba fear he may not be the same after his injury and won’t be able to rely on making his last ditch tackles or blocks ......I hope I am wrong !
    not having a go at you, but we aren't leaking goals and many think that etheridge's distribution is terrible .So what will improve with his return for you ? Pack i agree on.