Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
The Liberals are in cloud cuckoo land. How many leave constituencies would they have to win in order to get the parliamentary majority they need to go ahead with their proposed revoking of Article 50 and cancelling Brexit? Currently they have 18 seats I believe. It would take a massive seismic shift to change the situation and with the country split the way it is, there is no way that is going to happen. The sort of arrogant approach they have adopted is likely to bring out more leave voters I would say.
This is purely about setting a bargaining position in advance of negotiations when the time comes to decide who to support in the likely event of another hung parliament. They have zero chance of getting a majority government themselves but ultimately they could become kingmakers. I see this as a clear no to any deal with the Tories but a firm message to Labour that if they want to achieve their aim of forming government they will need to become an unambiguous Remain party before the Lib Dems will even talk with them.