Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Who are the other people who are deluded into thinking that there is only one way to play football, Must be people you know as nobody on here is asking for 'Tippy Tappy' I've said it hundreds of times. fans just want some balance, and when we do go long, there is some method involved, because at the moment there is none. If people want to watch us aimlessley boot the ball forward and bypass the midfield or watch our wingers recieve the ball without any support and then have to run with the ball like an 11 year old at Pontcanna Fields then good for them. I don't and I'm getting increasingly more frustrated at having to watch the shit that Warnock churns out, It isn't football, it's a refusal to engage the opposition. Can't wait umtil he's gone.
It’s everywhere.

Boro are a great e ample of a team trying to play a bit of it and failing.

Huddersfield also poor

Stoke have tried to change in the last few years and are a shadow of what they were

Luton were a bit better, but created nothing

Fulham also were great in their own half but produced very little from it

I’m not saying we should whack it up every time, in fact at times yesterday and against Huddersfield and Luton we played some good football, particularly on the counter.

I just wish there wasn’t this obsession with passing stats and a perception that that is the only way to play.

What suits our players is to be organised and attack quickly and utilise the pace we have, not 40 passes around a back 4 and keeper where only one player is comfortable on the ball

You say we bypass the midfield, so why is it that Joe Ralls is regularly the top passer in the opposition half ( from both teams) ?

What we don’t do is the vanity project of pointless sideways and back passed around our own box