Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
It’s everywhere.

Boro are a great e ample of a team trying to play a bit of it and failing.

Huddersfield also poor

Stoke have tried to change in the last few years and are a shadow of what they were

Luton were a bit better, but created nothing

Fulham also were great in their own half but produced very little from it

I’m not saying we should whack it up every time, in fact at times yesterday and against Huddersfield and Luton we played some good football, particularly on the counter.

I just wish there wasn’t this obsession with passing stats and a perception that that is the only way to play.

What suits our players is to be organised and attack quickly and utilise the pace we have, not 40 passes around a back 4 and keeper where only one player is comfortable on the ball

You say we bypass the midfield, so why is it that Joe Ralls is regularly the top passer in the opposition half ( from both teams) ?

What we don’t do is the vanity project of pointless sideways and back passed around our own box
Why are you citing other teams and how they play, We are not them and i and many others don't want to play like them or have any interest in what they do. It's about what we do. I notice that you don't raise any of our failings and just reference how we could end up by talking about other clubs, that's not progressive in my opinion.

We do bypass the midfield on loads of occasions, Joe Ralls is a pivot and likes to offload the ball, he sits pretty deep and generally gives the ball to the next player who is going to whack the ball down the line. I'd be interested to know what our stats are in the final third. Like i've said a million times, i don't think that anyone wants us to knock the ball about the back for 100 passes or are obsessed with passing stats, the only person to bring that up is you. What some people want is some composure and thought. We can play with wingers and we can be direct at times but there has to be some method instead of the lottery football we have to witness week after week. Our fullbacks don't even support the wide players and they're often isolated. Nothing is rolled into the striker, two fullbacks who have to man mark and zero adventure from our midfield, add to that those stupid long throws.