+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thomas Cook

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thomas Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Woolworths went bust because It was a bad business. The financial crisis just exposed that fact. You’ve seen the scale of high street shop closures over the last (stable) decade- are you honestly saying that Woolworths would still be with us!?

Admittedly not all travel agents are the same but I’ve had exactly two holidays with travel agents in my adult life. Both have been terrible experiences ending up with s75 claims. I cannot see what place they have in the modern world, especially with the cost base that Thomas cook will have had. Sad for everyone involved of course, but their model was desperately out of date and irrelevant.
    I’m saying that the financial crisis tipped Woolworths over and the same for Thomas Cook and Brexit.
    Anyone who thinks Brexit has not played a part in this needs to get their head out of the sand.
    There are a lot of big companies out there who are going to suffer for the same reasons - consumer uncertainty, poor exchange rates and confidence in British businesses.
    Losing 9,000+ jobs is hardly going to help our fragile economy, which itself is already under pressure because of Brexit.
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 24-09-19 at 09:33. Reason: Punctuation