Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Sign of a good team in many ways.

I thought they were three well constructed goals, and on the whole we defended well. Bennett having a tough time first half but flint covered well.

The possession is a worry when it's low 30s or even high 20s as it were. In the PL we would have had no chance but in this league the defending for our first two wasn't there and we took the chances well. Whether we will be able to do that more often than not, I'm not so sure.

They were very good on the ball (we also are happy to concede so much in less dangerous areas) and the no. 10 far too good for this league but despite that they didn't look very good up top. When they had the ball in the more dangerous areas we generally tightened up well.

On another day they could have beaten us or it could have been 4-4, given we also had further good chances with Glatzel and was it Pack with the late header from the free kick?

My mate on the way out said qpr were unlucky having hit the post twice, an inch inside and they would have scored, but I always think of the mighty ducks film I saw as a kid "well yea but a quarter of an inch the other way and you would have missed completely"
Do agree with your summary .

You can see the side taking shape now and with Pack in the side it allows a bit of freedom for others to express themselves , we could have scored more .

As Eric points out only Morrison, Peltier, Bennett and Paterson were regulars when we last won promotion so this is a new side in all reality, trying to knit together.

I though QPR were very neat and yes hit the posts ( so have we in other games ) ,we just looked much stronger all over the field .

There were some nice inter passing ( not enough though )

I''m pleasantly optimistic , but aware were not pretty to watch .

Morrison back to his best was a massive plus .

We have not played many above us if nay so lets see what happens in the next few games .

City forever