Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
The point I am making is that Ampadu didn't have the luxury of reviewing Heisenberg's second photo before he made his decision to focus on the 1 v 1 situation that was developing inside the penalty area right in front of him. You make it sound like having an opinion that is different to yours must involve some kind of favouritism, but it's just what I would have done in that situation. If you watch a lot of matches you will see that the nearest players attack the ball inside the penalty, they don't think about who they should be marking just in case something unknown happens a few moves down the line. That is what Captain Hindsight armchair fans do!
Have you ever posted a word of criticism of Ampadu, and a few others, on here? Your argument that he did not have the benefit of a photo is I suspect as close as we'll get from you of an admission that Ampadu was at fault because the player we all hope he will become would have known exactly how to react in such situations - I think he can become a great Welsh player, but there are going to be mistakes and misjudgements on the way.