For me, the question needs to be 'what do we gain by keeping Warnock for the season'? We're not going down. We're unlikely to go up; while some might argue that we're not that far off, we've seen nothing this season to suggest we're top 6 contenders.

Some say that Warnock deserves the full season because we won promotion 2 seasons ago. If that's the case, why does he deserve the season? Not financially, he'll be paid the same whether he stays or agrees to move on. Is it so he can have a goodbye at the end of the season from the fans? If that's more important than the future of the club then I despair.

If promotion is unlikely, what goals has Warnock himself got? They're not long term goals. They're not building the club for the future.

Like I say, I can't see that we have anything at all to gain by keeping Warnock on, assuming he leaves at the end of the season or before as he has said. Keeping him on for sentimental reasons is stupid. His only ambition was another promotion attempt. If that's unlikely, we need to start building with another manager. The only reason I'd stick with Warnock until the end of the season is if we have a new manager in mind who cannot start with us until the end of the season. That man would have been carefully chosen and fits what the club are trying to do.