+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flint

Re: Flint

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Murphy ?
    Murphy is still a good, young player. We're just not getting the best out of him. We can probably sell him for what we paid for him. Flint is an old defender that can't defend, that £5M is never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Just seen the highlights again and while Flint was definitely done on the second he is trying to cover for Morrison who for some reason shoots out of the line they're holding when he shouldn't have to.
    Both of our central defender, ideally they need a sweeper , I think they are both trying to perform that role in a very rudimental way and getting caught , Pelts is no quick . Bennett is away with the fairies this year.

We have had two good wing backs perhaps 3 at the at the back with Bamba may be something we could try but again no fast sweeper around ,and lets be fair Manga wasn't blessed with pace.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think that, at only 26, he's seen as a "project for the future" - sorry, but I couldn't resist that .
    A contender for young player of the year? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Both of our central defender, ideally they need a sweeper , I think they are both trying to perform that role in a very rudimental way and getting caught , Pelts is no quick . Bennett is away with the fairies this year.

We have had two good wing backs perhaps 3 at the at the back with Bamba may be something we could try but again no fast sweeper around ,and lets be fair Manga wasn't blessed with pace.
    But Manga was a good reader & anticipator of situations, hell of an asset the way we set up.

Bring in Coxe for Peltier and Nelson for Flint, cos feck it why not

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    A contender for young player of the year? ��
    Think he needs to start growing a few grey hairs before that happens .

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    £5m for a ****ing statue. He is shite.

It doesn’t work with Flint and Morrison! Both are too similar, good in the air but turn like the Titanic and always have a mistake in them! It worked last yeah because of Manga but to replace him with Flint is a shocking bit of business. I’d give Nelson a go, can’t do any worse and would add some pace alongside Morrison.

Warnockball is built on a solid defence and we haven’t even got that this year, we are continually making stupid, stupid errors, particularly away from home.

We are destined to be mid table with the Morrison/Flint combination.
    Im pretty sure Manga spent most of the season at right back. But I take your point that as a pair Flint and Morrison don’t work together.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Murphy is still a good, young player. We're just not getting the best out of him. We can probably sell him for what we paid for him. Flint is an old defender that can't defend, that £5M is never coming back.
    He's lazy and the search goes on for his heart. We'll be lucky to get 1/2 what we paid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think he needs to start growing a few grey hairs before that happens .
    He could win academy player of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We would be lucky to get half the money back we paid for Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    What is the situation regarding Curtis Nelson ?He was on the bench last night so I guess he hasn’t become a non-person yet as far as NW is concerned. Worth consideration for selection ?
    From what little weve seen of him hes in the same mould as Morrison and Flint and not exactly light on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's why I'm so fed up at the result I think.

On any other night with a centre half who is more competent alongside Morrison we win that by a goal or more.

We went up last time by being hard to beat.
    With this defence shipping goals so easily we won't be featuring in the shake up at the end of the season.

As you rightly point out Flint is the only change to that defence too.
    He may be the only change but Morrissons form has dropped to an atrocious level.
    Against Sheffield Wednesday he looked like a clumsy clown who could not intercept, pass the ball or make a challenge that was legal.
    He may be the club captain but we need to review replacing both central defenders.
    The signing of nelson was also very poor and I cannot see him moving up to first team action.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    God he was so bad last night. He could have had a goal too if he could kick a football.

Murphy I think has talent but is the most frustrating player I’ve ever seen. I’m not sure if he’s lazy or stupid but some of the decisions he makes baffle me.
    I think he simply wants out and i am confident he will be moved on in January.
    From what I understand he disagrees with Warnocks view of an attacking winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He was brought in as back up for injuries so its whether the manager thinks he can improve things. Morrison is captain and we paid a decent fee for Flint. Full backs we don't have much option for change.

With bamba coming back it's probably now or never for Nelson, injuries aside of course.
    Coxe for Peltier.
    Much better footballer and would give us a full back that is prepared to get forward.
    I think any serious changes will not happen under Warnock. He will recycle his usual 14-15 players.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think he simply wants out and i am confident he will be moved on in January.
    From what I understand he disagrees with Warnocks view of an attacking winger.
    Does Warnock want one who isn’t lazy as ****?

Looking at the two goals we conceded last night it's clear to me that there is a lack of communication between our defenders.

Flint constantly moves around the back line, the fullbacks get pulled out of position as they man mark their targets and Morrison is often isolated. This can be a recipe for disaster if the opposition make intelligent runs behind us.

We all know that we are vulnerable to these players running from deep. Surely our defenders need to be on their toes looking for them. But no. Last night both of Millwalls goals were scored because first Flint and then Pack were staring at the ball with no idea where the runner was going. They simply have to be smarter than that. If it's down to laziness, perhaps they can improve.