Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
Yes I read it. I think the clubs will now review the goals of their academy systems after this inquiry. The original intention was to develop young players with the right skills and mental strength to make it as professional football players. This involved pushing people beyond their comfort zones in search of their weaknesses. As discussed elsewhere, only a few players have the right attributes to progress into professional sport, so the question now is how will they go about separating the few who have the potential to make the grade? If you run the academy like an after-school club where nobody is ever scolded, and voices never raised, the clubs will never know how the players are likely to react in a high-pressure professional environment. I have no idea what the solution is, but a precident has been set and the model that worked for over a hundred years has now been declared unacceptable.
Considering that club's report is confidential, you literally have no idea what the statement is referring to when it talks of bullying and abuse by current and former employees, significant concerns relating to an unacceptable coaching environment and a lack of effective safeguarding processes. Not a clue. Nevertheless, you talk about a precedent being set, clubs (plural) reviewing the aims of their academies following this investigation and a model that worked for over a hundred years being declared unacceptable.

You're just a narcissistic idiot. It's a pity that, once again, you've decided to try to make this thread about you, because the club's frank statement is not only a damning indictment of its own youth system but it clearly highlights the deficiencies of an individual some have believed would make a good manager.