+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: J.C. Helped To Power If

J.C. Helped To Power If

Nicola Sturgeon has set out a list of demands she would make in return for backing a minority Labour government to keep Boris Johnson out of Number 10.

Ms Sturgeon made clear that Labour would need to back the "principle" of a second independence referendum.

The first minister said she would also seek greater powers for the Scottish Parliament, and an end to austerity.

But the SNP leader insisted she would not form a formal coalition with Labour if there is a hung parliament.

Instead, she said her party would potentially be willing to back a minority Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn on an issue-by-issue basis.

Ms Sturgeon said a vote for the SNP was therefore a vote to "escape Brexit"

Stick or twist JC

Re: J.C. Helped To Power If

Yeah, vote for Corby and you're voting for wee Jimmy Crankie dictating the agenda.
    Personally I'm tired of the SNP telling the other sixty million people plus their own countrymen who didn't vote for them what to do.

They can certainly leave the uk if they like, but they don't meet the criteria to join the EU so they'll have to find a third alternative to ponce a living from - Norway or the Irish Republc maybe !

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah, vote for Corby and you're voting for wee Jimmy Crankie dictating the agenda.
    Personally I'm tired of the SNP telling the other sixty million people plus their own countrymen who didn't vote for them what to do.

They can certainly leave the uk if they like, but they don't meet the criteria to join the EU so they'll have to find a third alternative to ponce a living from - Norway or the Irish Republc maybe !
    Like the DUP and the Lib Dems dictated the agenda?

If UK leaves the EU then circumstances will have changed in a meaningful way and Scotland should get the independence vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Like the DUP and the Lib Dems dictated the agenda?

If UK leaves the EU then circumstances will have changed in a meaningful way and Scotland should get the independence vote.

But as I pointed out they couldn't join the EU on their own so who would they expect to feed them ?
    All the same problems exist for them as did at the time of the last referrendum.

I found the thought of JC actually enabling a union split amusing as all we have had since the Boris deal is he will split the union , my guess is both are capable for thier own end .

I'd let theScot bugger off , they are going to drone on forever until they eventually leave anyway , the scottish referendum and thier moaning politicians is so irriating , they had devoultion , those power were increased over the years, you cant win , ,whatever you do for them they wont be grateful.

Let them get on with it ,spread and spend their funding through the rest of the the UK.

But as I pointed out they couldn't join the EU on their own so who would they expect to feed them ?
    All the same problems exist for them as did at the time of the last referrendum.
    Brexiteers : EU let's anyone in, 80 million turkish people are coming.

Also Brexiteers: no Scotland, they will never ever let you in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Brexiteers : EU let's anyone in, 80 million turkish people are coming.

Also Brexiteers: no Scotland, they will never ever let you in.

Well given that the electoral majority in the uk are "Brexiteers", that's a lot of people and they will say many things .
    They also say things at different times, so perhaps someone mentioned Turkey when they were on the verge of joining and before they disqualified themselves.
    As far as Scotland is concerned, they don't meet the economic criteria to even apply and they never will, so that's a plain fact.

Isn't it clutching at straws to quote some unattributed argument which someone might have made in pursuance of a political cause - obviously anyone can do that and it doesn't help anything. I can remember, for instance, people insisting that we'd have to leave NATO if we left the EU. It's all sand in the wind now Eric - an infinite number of correct and incorrect arguments were made by all sides and the people decided the issue through voting.

I thought people were somewhat misled by Tony Blair in 1997 and that they might not have voted for him if they'd known he was a warmonger who ended up causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands, but I didn't start saying that his election should be reversed.

Similarly, I think that Corbyn is misleading people and might well cause Jewish deaths if elected - would you have believed me if I'd told you what Blair might do ? I digress, the point is that we really should respect the vote because historically ,the only alternative to that in the end is civil war.

Well given that the electoral majority in the uk are "Brexiteers", that's a lot of people and they will say many things .
    They also say things at different times, so perhaps someone mentioned Turkey when they were on the verge of joining and before they disqualified themselves.
    As far as Scotland is concerned, they don't meet the economic criteria to even apply and they never will, so that's a plain fact.

Isn't it clutching at straws to quote some unattributed argument which someone might have made in pursuance of a political cause - obviously anyone can do that and it doesn't help anything. I can remember, for instance, people insisting that we'd have to leave NATO if we left the EU. It's all sand in the wind now Eric - an infinite number of correct and incorrect arguments were made by all sides and the people decided the issue through voting.

I thought people were somewhat misled by Tony Blair in 1997 and that they might not have voted for him if they'd known he was a warmonger who ended up causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands, but I didn't start saying that his election should be reversed.

Similarly, I think that Corbyn is misleading people and might well cause Jewish deaths if elected - would you have believed me if I'd told you what Blair might do ? I digress, the point is that we really should respect the vote because historically ,the only alternative to that in the end is civil war.
    Turkey was never close to joining.

I am convinced though by the weight of evidence you have presented that Corbyn is planning genocide, the anonymous source in my head tells me he is probably drawing up the plans for the gas chambers as we speak.

If you couldn't predict what Blair was going to do why do you think you can predict what Corbyn is going to do?

Well I did predict it to the extent that I knew where his loyalties lay, and it wasn't with the Labour Party . I told many people that he was a real charmer but that in my estimation he'd do anything to further his own interests and that I was concerned about his associations with American neo cons.
    I also said very publicly that it was logically impossible that any chemical or biological weapons held by Iraq could be a threat and I think actually I was amongst the first to publicly suggest that the proposed war was a trumped up excuse to invade that country.