Think Cardiff performed much better today than what is usually on show. A typical slow start to proceedings allowed Bristol to assert themselves on the game but come the 25th minute Cardiff were clearly the dominant side until a 10 minute spell in the second half where a peach of a strike from Brownhill saw Bristol take home the spoils.

Cardiff hit the woodwork on 3 occasions today and created some decent scoring opportunities. Hoilett probably my pick for best performance for the men donning the blue shirt. Bristol only troubled Etheridge twice, with one effort finding the net. The chance that saw the goal was due to a lapse in defending from Nelson failing to stand his man up which forced Pack to make a decision, close down or stick close to Brownhill. He chose the former and Brownhill made the most of the space he was gifted.

Definite improvements can certainly be made but this was not one of those performances to get worked up about. Had Bristol turned Cardiff over with Warnock's men offering nothing I would surely be annoyed. After all I'm disappointed that the club chose to persevere with Warnock for another season when this summer represented the perfect opportunity to move on and pass the mantle.

Technically still in the playoff hunt (7 points off Bristol) not that I favour Cardiff to break into the top 6. But saying that Fulham were on 19 points at this stage 2 years ago and finished the season 3rd and winners of the playoffs.