Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
In the cold, semi-darkness of dawn, I still have the same feeling I had when Slade did his worst - namely, what a waste of an evening!

Football is all about entertainment - getting fans off their seats. The lowest point was that Stoke free kick in the first half. The ref took forever to set it up. I staggered up when we scored as that was a sublime move, but the rest was ridiculously tepid, non-football. I thought Harris had motivated them at Charlton, but saw absolutely no evidence of that here. After Millwall at the Den, he must have been wondering about the quality of our support - which mirrored what was happening on the pitch. I honestly spent more time watching the female steward who was eyeballing some situation up in the stand.
Despite their position Stoke were always going to be a difficult proposition. At Charlton our defence was all over the place and last night Harris seemed to have sorted it. With Pack playing as a 5th defender, Tomlin high up the pitch, it was left to Bacuna - who had a very good game IMHO - to create anything. Small steps, but for this squad there will have to be an awful lot of them..