Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
When Santana's 3-date UK 2020 Tour was announced recently I noticed an enormous discrepancy in prices between the O2 and Dublin.
I reckon that my outlay of a standing ticket in Dublin, a return flight from Bristol and a night in a Dublin hotel came in cheaper than just a seated ticket equally near to the stage at the O2.

FAO Cyclops: I saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Frome three weeks ago. About £32 I think. He was very good. Looking forward to Mr Trower next March....
I admire your tenacity in going from Taunton to Dublin to see a band, that reached it's sell date sometime around the release of 'Moonflower'. back in '78. I just wish people wouldn't pay exorbitant fees to see bands. If no one went, then they'd have to lower their rip-off prices accordingly. The venues are usually shite and the view not too good either unless you have paid a super-duper price on top of the already exorbitant price on top of your ticket.

£32 to see someone of Kenny Wayne Shepherd's ability and class isn't a bad price to pay I guess. Enjoy Robin Trower, have seen him a few times in Cardiff. One of the best guitarists this country has produced along with Koss and Peter Green