Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
He’s right when he says he should have left at the end of last season and I’m still none the wiser as to why he didn’t. He implies he stayed as a favour to steady the ship, but I thought it was widely recognised that we had a squad well equipped for the championship and in fact our transfer market activity before and during last season seemed to factor in a plan B.

Had he retired after the win at old Trafford he would have been rightly regarded as a very good manager for this club. And while I think he still should be, this season will obviously bring that into question somewhat. What shouldn’t be forgotten is the way he did bring things together and get everyone behind the team again after the self-inflicted mess of the past few years. But he doesn’t half blow his own trumpet. I’d love to read his self-review for his annual appraisal
You’re not alone ! I said more than once during the run-in last season that I felt he lost that “edge” in second half of last season as if matters off the field caught up with him and felt he should have gone out on a high winning at Old Trafford before things soured which they did this season.

Yes we won at BHA ( who by that stage I think were shot and were in a worse place than us as a team )but the Fulham away tactics and changes were difficult to understand for a team with an opportunity to save themselves from relegation and were almost like waving a white flag!

I hadn’t been impressed with the football this season which seemed even more attritional than ever ( who has ) but i f I bumped into Warnock , I would gladly shake his hand and thank him for the good times , giving us that promotion and for the first half of last season as it couldn’t have been easy dealing with the emotions surrounding firstly the Leicester game then the Emiliano Sala tragedy.