Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
To be fair we don't know what is going on behind the scenes after the club were alerted to this sale. It looks like they tried to intervene in the matter and rescue the material from the owner. However, as stated above, the vendor has a contract with the auctioneers following a 7 day cooling off period. But I do imagine the club have something ups their sleeve in regard of this. Hopefully , if they are not questioning the ownership of the items, they will ensure they are the top bidders at auction. If not , maybe they do not care.

As for the above post blaming Tan and the club, I fail to see how they can be held to account for events that took place 30 years or so ago, unless you mean in relation to any non action this week.
If there is no legal dispute over the ownership then it`s only right the legal owner can do what he likes with his property. As the club`s historian I am sure he did the right thing and offered it to the club prior to any auction entry as he will know the importance of this historical material to the fans and the club itself. I can`t see there being huge monetary value in the collection but even so the club should do all it can to stop the collection being broken up and placed within CCS. Maybe the trust could look to raise funds to obtain the collection.