Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
If it’s the wrong response , I’m with you . It’s a brilliant analogy you use regards the pig and the human .
I enjoyed Gascoignes book , but , I am fairly sure he gave a friend a sandwich with shit in it . If that’s funny , I am a China man .
If any of my friends had done that to me growing up , I would probably be applying for parole around now .
Craig Bellamy’s book alluded to bad behaviour from his peers , it was a way of life .
It’s how life was for a lot of us .
I am sure Andy Johnston is adding a bit of fiction to some of his stories for affect , still an entertaining listen , giving an exaggerated insight to his life as a footballer .
Regards the comments about footballers thinking fans are dicks , well , that goes without saying , you only have to read this board , or the others available to see that has a truth . My posts included .
I'm not sure he was exaggerating since apparently other players have referred to the same incidents. I sympathise with any players thinking fans are idiots/odd - it's a strange division between us and them considering how intertwined we are. (Actually, as we're talking about podcasts I'd recommend the WSC podcast which is a bit more sedate but has IMO more charm and a healthy awareness that the football world, including those who follow it, is quite odd).