Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
judging the responses by officials today looks like we are in for a long haul not just for a few months

I guess medical equipment can be complex bits of kit to make . the only way I could see it work if say some one like Ford or JCB could assemble only .

meaning keep the same supply chain of parts like injection moulded parts , metal parts , wiring looms ,pcb's etc so you wouldn't have to re qualify those parts with a new supply chain . The supply chain would be the same but they would need to ramp up production to meet demand

Those parts be delivered to say someone like JCB and working with manufacturing engineers from medical device companys copy a production line or model it on an existing line to fully assemble the units

The completed units sent back to a medical device company for testing , software validation and sign off to meet the governance or requirements that is needed to put out into the field .

if we can put a man on the moon in the 60's ( so they say ) I,m sure we could knock up a producton line to meet the requirements that is needed over the next year . obviously a big ask but im sure we have the engineering capability in this country to pull this off after all this a life or death situation
We don't have the manufacturing capability though and yes, man did land on the moon,