Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
Fishing for me too Sludge. Ogmore river with my fly rod, spinning rod and light ledgering rod. Love it.
Spedger
Used to fish the ogmore and various local rivers under ogmore angling association

Used to walk to bus stop after school down newcastle hill and over the old stone bridge by the old embassy cinema .......I would stop to see the posters outside the embassy for films , I remember the one for jaws would draw me in ......then walk back to the cobbled stone bridge where I would watch brownies feeding on flies , sometimes staying too long and missing the bus home

I love brownies , such aggressive fighting fish and the take on the fly is so exciting . I also enjoy spinning and worming but prefer spinning as I prefer to return all fish I catch and worming leads to deep hooked fish .

The trouble with trout fishing is the season is so short that's why I got into sea and coarse fishing so I could enjoy my hobby all year round . But these days a knackered ankle means sea fishing is too tough on the body so I have sold all my sea tackle and just trout and coarse fish instead

I fish the thaw in the vale of glamorgan , the ewenny is a nice little wild brown trout river close by , have thought of joining pencoed anglers

Take care spedger