+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How are the supermarkets out there

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: How are the supermarkets out there

They were queuing to get into Tesco on Western Ave yesterday afternoon, with a distancing protocal in force and idfferent in and out doors. Most things were available barring pasta and tinned things like beans. People were being sensible, there were packs of loo rolls on the shelf, and I was able to but a new hand wash to replace the one in my Bathroom which is almost empty.
    All in all as near normal as you can expect in the circumstances. Apparently most people try to get there in the morning assuming (wrongly) that the deliveries are all made at night. So it is quite busy then which May explain TLG's long queuing time.

I miss the central market where I always buy my large eggs (huge) which I discovered my butcher gets from france evey week, and good quality fresh meat cut the way you ask when you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Apparently most people try to get there in the morning assuming (wrongly) that the deliveries are all made at night. So it is quite busy then which May explain TLG's long queuing time.
    I should have added that I called into the same Morrisons mid-afternoon on Thursday to get some stuff for myself and the queuing time was literally a couple of minutes. Yesterday the queue was long, but everyone was keeping 2m apart. In fact, most people were about 4m apart, which made the queue look longer than it actually needed to be.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I should have added that I called into the same Morrisons mid-afternoon on Thursday to get some stuff for myself and the queuing time was literally a couple of minutes. Yesterday the queue was long, but everyone was keeping 2m apart. In fact, most people were about 4m apart, which made the queue look longer than it actually needed to be.
    Yes I get that. i do think joe average (or the nagging wife) gets to the store early thinknig there will be greater choice but afternoons are less pressured and quicker.
    I went to Asda at the mtorway the other day and there were only a few there and plenty on the shelves including the allegedly elusive toilet rolls