+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: China

Re: China

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Incredibly tiresome to the extreme.
    lardy is a coward, and he deserves to be called out after spreading so many lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    lardy is a coward, and he deserves to be called out after spreading so many lies.
    Looks like Nurse R will be along soon with the meds!

Agree. It's hardly worth trying to contribute anything on the forum these days as it gets buried under posts created by three or four people dominating the threads by having a slanging match like schoolchildren in the school yard.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You are like two peas in a pod, the inverse reality kids.

Q.E.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Agree. It's hardly worth trying to contribute anything on the forum these days as it gets buried under posts created by three or four people dominating the threads by having a slanging match like schoolchildren in the school yard.
    It's them who always start it, I just called out their lies, and they can't handle it. I'm pretty cool with it, I know what they're up to.

It's them who always start it, I just called out their lies, and they can't handle it. I'm pretty cool with it, I know what they're up to.
    Very normal post by a very normal man.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Very normal post by a very normal man.
    Imagine someone pointing out that you're acting like a child in a playground and your first response is "they started it though, sir!"

There used to be a BBC talk show on Sunday with presenter in middle and two guest speakers either side debating a point like "are prisons tough enough?" One of the questions was whether we could stand up to countries like China when they breach what we consider to be human rights with one of the main arguments provided being that we're the 5th biggest economy in the world and China are 2nd, about to become 1st, so we cannot "stand up to them" as much as we would like.

This was pre-Brexit vote so i) a number of years ago it was already known how influential China was worldwide, as well as where that may cause us to restrict UK's behaviour on international scale, and ii) since then we have come out of the EU and are likely, from an economic point of view, to be more dependent on positive relationships with China, India, USA, Brazil and other large economies.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'll be fair, WB is box office

Providing great entertainment in dark times

Maybe you underestimate people. And maybe you have difficulty in discussing topics without coming over as highly egotistical, arrogant, narcissistic, dismissive, intransigent, divisive and insulting. Maybe you should consider why you are possibly the most unpopular person on this message board and why you seem to be unable to win people over in a rational manner despite your self-declared high level of intelligence and academic level.

A very clever person should be able to argue and influence in a far more effective manner and to refrain from endlessly belittling other people and from the endless and repetitive lardy/cyril bollocks every day of your life. I am someone who doesn't usually respond to you myself (and only see your posts since I changed laptops as I put you on ignore) as you have misquoted me repeatedly in the past and misrepresented my views. You obviously think that you come over as a victor as a result (not something that many posters feel the need to be) but you should ask yourself how you come over to others and, ironically, how many people even read your posts. I would wager that you are the poster who is most consigned to the 'ignore' category on here.

I won't be getting involved in any exchanges with you regarding the above, by the way. It would be fruitless.
    OOF

China is a fascinating country, I've spent quite a bit of time there over the years.

One of their strengths comes from the fact that they don't have a functioning democracy.
    democracy is a great system for a lot of reasons, primarily it dilutes the power of those at the top and makes them accountable. If they don't do a good job then off they pop in a few years to give someone else a go.

China doesn't have this, obviously, so there is obviously a greater chance of corruption and nepotism which is *usually* lower in a democracy.
    However, it also grants them certain strengths. Building HS2, where we will spend years in courts trying to get it built, trying not to upset too many people, the chinese have built thousands of miles of high speed rail. And in playing the long game they have an even bigger advantage. Politicians here are only incentivised to think about doing things that might get them elected in then next election, so they concentrate on the short term - and not even on what is good in the short term, its what *seems* good in the short term to the general population.
    Not having to worry about that the Chinese can play the long game. Take back Hong Kong and Macau, sure. Buy up a load of resources in Africa you don't intend to use yet, why not.

You can keep saying that until you're blue in the face TBG.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You can keep saying that until you're blue in the face TBG.
    Very good

Crap Chinese goods sold on Amazon and centre aisle of Lidl

Once we get out of this current situation, will you carry on purchasing the cheap shit on offer knowing that it has been produced by a country who (is there anybody who doesn’t believe that it originated somehow!! in China) ? has seemingly very poor Quality control, continually attempts to lie regarding what happened, never truly informed the world of the chaos it was about to unleash.
    I have loads of this shit, and buy it thinking if it completes one job and it has to be chucked then so be it!!, as I usually buy it to do one job!!.

Also, the 5G network, Our government has not banned (unlike some other countries) HUAWEI from having involvement in our 5G network, can the Chinese ever be trusted especially in view of their honesty regarding Covid ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Crap Chinese goods sold on Amazon and centre aisle of Lidl

Once we get out of this current situation, will you carry on purchasing the cheap shit on offer knowing that it has been produced by a country who (is there anybody who doesn’t believe that it originated somehow!! in China) ? has seemingly very poor Quality control, continually attempts to lie regarding what happened, never truly informed the world of the chaos it was about to unleash.
    I have loads of this shit, and buy it thinking if it completes one job and it has to be chucked then so be it!!, as I usually buy it to do one job!!.

Also, the 5G network, Our government has not banned (unlike some other countries) HUAWEI from having involvement in our 5G network, can the Chinese ever be trusted especially in view of their honesty regarding Covid ?
    Apple phones are made in China, donate plenty of high quality items

hey rjk i see UK manufacturers who were asked to manufacture ventilators have been approved by the MHRA to be able to use after just 1 month . what a great response from UK engineers in such short notice . I did question if it could be done but hats off to our aerospace and automotive companys in this country

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52309294