+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City will play in red next season

Re: Cardiff City will play in red next season

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't want to start this whole thing up again. But how the **** does the colour your football team play in not hold a significant importance? When you look at the Kop is everyone holding up random coloured scarfs? Pink Floyd sang Any Colour You Like. Peter Osgood sang Blue is the Colour. Liverpool, Man Utd, Celtic, Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Wolves, Arsenal etc would NEVER change their colours. If Bin Salman takes over Newcastle and says "We're going to be the new Man City, including playing in sky blue", how do you think that would go over?
    Id say bumper modern day crowds at the CCS whilst we played in red, dispels your point.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The rebrand, as hard as it was for a minority to stomach, could hardly be called dark days.
    That's your opinion. Nothing more. In my opinion, you're talking crap.

The deaths of my good friend Simon Insole, Emiliano Sala (who never even played for the club) and club legend Peter Whittingham didn't have a profound effect on the way any City fans felt about the football club. In fact, they didn't alter the way fans felt about the club one iota. The re-brand certainly did and that is why some regard those times as dark days. You can argue otherwise until your tits fall off, but the fact of the matter is that plenty of committed supporters changed their views about the club, its fanbase and even football in general during that period, and some have never returned.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The deaths of my good friend Simon Insole, Emiliano Sala (who never even played for the club) and club legend Peter Whittingham didn't have a profound effect on the way any City fans felt about the football club. In fact, they didn't alter the way fans felt about the club one iota. The re-brand certainly did and that is why some regard those times as dark days. You can argue otherwise until your tits fall off, but the fact of the matter is that plenty of committed supporters changed their views about the club, its fanbase and even football in general during that period, and some have never returned.
    That's true. Before the rebrand happened my notion of such a thing happening and the reaction must've been romantic and naive. I'd have never thought that fans (on masse) would've gone along with it. I'm not going to use the word 'endorse' as i don't think that most City fans thought it a good idea. The worst thing about the whole episode was the justification and gloating by some fans towards those who were opposing the rebrand. Some of the stuff said was disgraceful. What i did learn from it all is that City fans all think differently about what the Club means historically and how it's History is interpreted and what value it holds. That's something that has stuck with me, and it changed my perception on being a football supporter and those who sit around me. The fact is that when it comes to the club, we all think of it and support it in many different ways, and it's importance and meaning is unique to the individual. We are certainly not all the same-A mistake i had made in thinking previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's true. Before the rebrand happened my notion of such a thing happening and the reaction must've been romantic and naive. I'd have never thought that fans (on masse) would've gone along with it. I'm not going to use the word 'endorse' as i don't think that most City fans thought it a good idea. The worst thing about the whole episode was the justification and gloating by some fans towards those who were opposing the rebrand. Some of the stuff said was disgraceful. What i did learn from it all is that City fans all think differently about what the Club means historically and how it's History is interpreted and what value it holds. That's something that has stuck with me, and it changed my perception on being a football supporter and those who sit around me. The fact is that when it comes to the club, we all think of it and support it in many different ways, and it's importance and meaning is unique to the individual. We are certainly not all the same-A mistake i had made in thinking previously.
    What does the club mean to you?

To me, the rebrand was stupid and unnecessary but not enough to deny my 'love' for the club.
    I'm an old bloke now, but my feelings for the club are as strong now as they were when I was a 10 year old. Perhaps not as romantic, more realistic but I cant imagine my life not supporting the bluebirds. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's not simply the football or the camaraderie, but something intangible that has worked it's way into my brain cells. Wish I knew as the wife has always said I love the City more than her. Of course I deny that ( to her face anyway).

As if there wasn't enough fecking bitching and arguing going on at the moment, Valley donut decided this was the perfect time to drag out old rivalries.
    Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Its all just opinions. Your reply to me is just your opinion. For what its worth you're talking crap.
    Doesn't matter if Sala played a game for us or not. He was on his way here. That was a very dark day in our history. Along with the hooliganism, and court appearances.
    Plenty more city fans accepted the rebrand than didn't. You've even admitted yourself that you were too wrapped up in football at the time. Sorry. But the colour change was just an episode in our history, not a dark day.
    The fans and friends you talk about who turned their backs on the club, were probably taking it way too seriously as well anyway. FFS, its only a game.
    Stop being so dramatic.

Its all just opinions. Your reply to me is just your opinion. For what its worth you're talking crap.
    Doesn't matter if Sala played a game for us or not. He was on his way here. That was a very dark day in our history. Along with the hooliganism, and court appearances.
    Plenty more city fans accepted the rebrand than didn't. You've even admitted yourself that you were too wrapped up in football at the time. Sorry. But the colour change was just an episode in our history, not a dark day.
    The fans and friends you talk about who turned their backs on the club, were probably taking it way too seriously as well anyway. FFS, its only a game.
    Stop being so dramatic.
    It was not nice to see city fans being threatened by other city fans or to receive threatening phonecalls , it was a horrible time and the club was split right down the middle

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It was not nice to see city fans being threatened by other city fans or to receive threatening phonecalls , it was a horrible time and the club was split right down the middle
    Obviously fans threatening others fans is wrong, Just as it was wrong City fans fighting with each other in the Grange end (Cardiff against valleys)
    In the old days. We’ve always been a crazy kinda club though.

Stop being so dramatic.
    No-one turned their back on the club. It's just a club, and just a game, and just a pastime.
    Stop being so dramatic.

I don't want to start this whole thing up again. But how the **** does the colour your football team play in not hold a significant importance? When you look at the Kop is everyone holding up random coloured scarfs? Pink Floyd sang Any Colour You Like. Peter Osgood sang Blue is the Colour. Liverpool, Man Utd, Celtic, Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Wolves, Arsenal etc would NEVER change their colours. If Bin Salman takes over Newcastle and says "We're going to be the new Man City, including playing in sky blue", how do you think that would go over?
    I agree with you. If you support a club for 40 years you've seen players come and go, managers come and go, leagues they play in come and go, even the location of the stadium can change. The only constants are the colours, the city they represent and the name

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Like many others, I was at the West-ham game, I believe news broke just on the final whistle, as I was still in the stadium walking towards the bus and the gossip started spreading. I think It was when on the bus I came onto here and read the post.

I had a different user name then, but I was massively against it, I honestly wanted league 2 football over a promotion in red.

I attended Bluebirds Unite meetings, and on the night of the red scarfs I remember trying to help organise a protest on here and Facebook where we would take a scarf and throw it on the pitch at 19mins

I had thousands of followers on the Facebook group and felt so positive that it was going to be a massive moment, a visual display of the silent majority rebelling against the red, i thought it would be a massive domino effect, and even hoped the game would have to be paused to clear the pitch, making the impact even greater.

At 19 mins I was the only one in the grandstand I recall walking towards the front, i threw it on looked around to see 2-3 people in the Canton do the same, I stood there for a second and some guy in the first row called me a twat.

That was my last game as a die hard, up till then Cardiff was my life, I would never miss a game home or away, family holidays would be planned around pre-season tours, it meant so much to me and I lost it.

Looking back it was probably a good thing, I had previously made decisions because of Cardiff like to go to University in Cardiff just because of the footy, so never got to experience a proper uni moving away life ect.

after that season, i went 3 years without a season ticket, in that time I moved to the USA for 1 year, traveled the world for 6 months with friends. and did 2 working ski seasons.

I am now back and a season ticket holder, purely because of Neil Warnock, and enjoy attending
    but It still hurts never having that unmitigated feeling of connection again with my local club, like loosing faith in a religion, must be a horrible thing.
    That was an awful day, I got to the ground late , missed out on my lucky red scarf . When I took my seat and looked round I couldnt believe it . What looked like 90 % of fans had these ****ing things round their necks.
    I took a photo of one swimming in the urinal. where my respect for my fellow supporters was that evening.
    Away games were a much better experience, red scarfs were few and far between.
    Relegation was the catalyst for the revolution to remove the red ,without it we would probably still be playing in red and the thread about remembering posters wouldn't be on here. This would be a place for those that came to be entertained , supporters would be a bit like dinosaurs ….
    . After the way the greedy league has behaved in these terrible times it just confirms football is ****ed . its a money game for money people . The higher the level ,the more money talks. Its disgusting.

Its all just opinions. Your reply to me is just your opinion.For what its worth you're talking crap.
    I'm talking facts. The re-brand altered the perception plenty of Cardiff City fans had of the club they supported. This much I know because I was one of them and I know plenty of other fans personally who had the same or similar feelings. Some of them have confirmed as much in this very thread, and yet you still seem to be in denial about that. No matter, for plenty of City supporters the re-brand era was full of dark days.

Meanwhile, absolutely nobody stopped supporting Cardiff City because Emiliano Sala died. His death was indeed a dark day for the club even though he'd never played for it and the club's hierarchy is maintaining he never signed for it.

I was going to say I'm not too impressed the comments you've made regarding the feelings my friends had about the club at the time of their deaths, but to be honest I've never been impressed by anything you've posted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a post that was

Malky Mackay was asked how he would feel if rangers changed to red or green

He bottled it
    FFS Sludge he is a tarrier ….. not a proddy ….

But he did say it was fine to play in red . I lost any respect for him at that point.

I don't think Gwyn follows Cardiff anymore . We had a disagreement at an away game . Although I didnt back down , I wasn't going to take the winner belt home that day.

Id say bumper modern day crowds at the CCS whilst we played in red, dispels your point.
    Indeed .

And with relegation the bumper day crowds disappeared .

The disgruntled supporters became ever more vocal , and Cardiff City realised they needed their supporters.

This is not the first time you've been wrong today.

The red scarf thing was ****ing hideous.

Old fella that sat next to me was wearing one and when I asked him why, he said because it was free.

my red scarf which was given out free ended up on the pitch as soon as i got to my seat !

What was the name of that poor girl that organized the protest? Jesus, she got slaughtered.

What was the name of that poor girl that organized the protest? Jesus, she got slaughtered.
    Sian Branson?

Sian Branson? Slaughtered by whom?

i had the heads up a bit before the post on here. Not sure how long before, it may have been a day or two - may have been hours.

Probably the biggest exclusive ever in the history of all CCFC messageboards

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    i had the heads up a bit before the post on here. Not sure how long before, it may have been a day or two - may have been hours.

Your Koumas signing exclusive was pretty big as well, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Was it the posters one and only thread?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Was it the posters one and only thread?
    the one and only post by that username.

caused ructions. other boards deleted all mentions of it as bullshit.

but it was the mutts nuts of breaking news