Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
I know your desire to see yourself as special and different from the herd takes you into some interesting places to try and achieve this.

In this instance it's like nobody but you, not the governments of the world be they autocratic or democratic, capitalist or communist, 1st world or 3rd, can see the economic consequences of the measures being put in place.

It may come as a shock to you that almost everyone can see that there will need to be a point where economic and social considerations outweigh a residual health risk. I like a good number of those people would rather one period of pain rather than waves where we open up only to move backwards again.

Most people would see that carrying on in the way we were and a manner that you have championed because its just like flu after all would have been catastrophic for both the nations's health and its wealth compared to the alternative course of action belatedly chosen. Most people realise now that not locking down sooner increased the health problem and extended the period of economic uncertainty. But I keep on forgetting.....you're not most people are you!
Great reply, this proves your point:

https://mol.im/a/8249709

Very worrying and sad to see so many deaths and cases surrounding that event