+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YOUR FIRST SINGLE RECORD AND LP

Re: YOUR FIRST SINGLE RECORD AND LP

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    mmmm.....first single......So Deep by Brenda Lee.....even before I could afford a record player form my pocket money......first LP?? Vanilla Fudge (anyone know them?) - both from Fred Hey in Pontypridd....near the fountain/toilets at entrance to market.
    You a Ponty boy as well? Fred Fey by the fountain and Vanilla Fudges version of 'I keep you hanging on' is brilliant.

First single - Desperate Dan by Lieutenant Pigeon

Apart from various K-Tel hit collections, my first proper album was Elvis - 40 greatest.

First single - Blockbuster by Sweet
    First album - Gary Glitter by hmmm...Gary Glitter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm very embarrassed to say that the first single I bought from my own money was Another Day by George Harrison and the first Album was a Moody Blues Greatest Hits Compilation .
    Another Day was a McCartney song, and it is a good one. Like a New York Eleanor Rigby.

Banned

Frog Chorus was my first one. I grew up on a diet of Elvis and, to a lesser extent, The Beatles. I played my dad's collection to a scratchy death as a kid. He only had Sergeant Pepper, and I learnt to my horror that it wasn't his just after I scratched it. But, I loved that album at the time (don't like it so much now). So when McCartney releases a song, with Rupert the Bear in the video, it ticked all the boxes for me as a 6 year old.

My next single was "You can call me Al", so I think my musical tastes were evolving.

I didn't buy any albums apart from "Now that's what I call". My first proper album was when I started at Uni, and I was back to basics with a vinyl copy of Revolver under my arm as I moved into digs. I gave that to a girl I fancied during a house party, it served it's purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    First single - Blockbuster by Sweet
    First album - Gary Glitter by hmmm...Gary Glitter
    Blockbuster was one of my earliest singles. Played it to death. I know what you mean about Glitter as my first single Loop di Love was actually the very dubious Jonathan King.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Blockbuster was one of my earliest singles. Played it to death. I know what you mean about Glitter as my first single Loop di Love was actually the very dubious Jonathan King.
    You'll be saying next you've Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris and a Jim'll Fix it badge lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    You'll be saying next you've Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris and a Jim'll Fix it badge lol
    Good to have a giggle in such terrible times for so many families.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Good to have a giggle in such terrible times for so many families.
    Indeed so, otherwise we'd all go raving mad. Told the missus today, I'm no longer interested in infection stats/death rates in every country on the bloody planet which she recites to me as we're eating breakfast. We all get the message now. Just waiting until there is some more positive news.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Frog Chorus was my first one. I grew up on a diet of Elvis and, to a lesser extent, The Beatles. I played my dad's collection to a scratchy death as a kid. He only had Sergeant Pepper, and I learnt to my horror that it wasn't his just after I scratched it. But, I loved that album at the time (don't like it so much now). So when McCartney releases a song, with Rupert the Bear in the video, it ticked all the boxes for me as a 6 year old.

My next single was "You can call me Al", so I think my musical tastes were evolving.

I didn't buy any albums apart from "Now that's what I call". My first proper album was when I started at Uni, and I was back to basics with a vinyl copy of Revolver under my arm as I moved into digs. I gave that to a girl I fancied during a house party, it served it's purpose.
    My Mam bought me “we all stand together”.
    Baw Baw Baw