Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Can I ask, was anyone on here won around by Dominic Cummings yesterday or is there anyone who feels the faith they had in him was justified after hearing what he had to say?
Not for me. I do think he did what he thought was best for him and his family though.

However, the 'flexible' stay at home guideline related to children that he refers to I don't believe was intended to justify moving a family with suspected symptoms across England. It was related to accepting that there are certain isolation type measures that may be challenging for those with children at home.

I think the whole emphasis and point of the message was to stay at home if at all possible. But it seems he didn't explore any options available for him to do this. I'm sure there must have been options available to somebody of his profile in London if he had genuinely really tried to keep to the stay at home message.

In travelling with suspected symptoms he introduced the, albeit remote, risk of breakdown or accident exposing other to the virus (another reason to avoid it).

I don't know why he returned to work when somebody in his household had symptoms. I'm not really sure why he and his wife visited the hospital when there are so many stories about people not being able to do this (in any case, it highlights why people are asked not to travel to avoid potential spread of the virus into other vulnerable locations, particularly from London at the time). As for the safety test-drive, well what can you really say about that?

All in all, it is precisely to avoid 'ifs, buts and maybes' and personal interpretations that people have been told clearly to stay at home, particularly when exposed to symptoms. I think he just had an easy option not available to many people and rather selfishly took it.