Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Your lawyering is getting a bit better now, arguing semantics for semantics sake.

If the NHS weren't able to cope due to being overrun with patients who had contracted Coronavirus... that would cost lives, wouldn't it? I mean, I'm pretty sure that's what the Prime Minister wrote in his letter which was sent to everyone in the UK.

(I'm sure you'll be pedantic again instead of making a decent argument by saying that it was unlikely sent instead to everyone in the UK).

The cold, hard facts are that Dominic Cummings' own statement shows that he is guilty on at least 3 occasions of breaking the Covid laws. I'll list the ones that I've remembered.

He said that he left work one day, went home to see his wife (whom he believed to have Covid) and then returned to work again the same day. That's number one. You have to self-isolate for 14 days if you believe that someone that you live with (or have even come into contact with) has Covid symptoms.

He then drove a person with Covid symptoms 260 miles to another part of the country. He was healthy at that point, according to his statement, so there was no emergency that required him to make that trip.

He drove a 60 mile round trip to "test his eyesight." At that time, only essential journeys were permitted. Testing your eyesight by driving heavy machinery isn't an essential journey.

I don't see the point of arguing the matter any further if you don't see that those 3 instances he talked about on Monday was self-incriminating.
And it probably needs to be repeated, they were all within his own statement.

They are also trying to use the "fake stories in the media" line, but the most inaccurate accounts in the media were those written by him and his wife in the spectator.

Deliberately misleading? Some may conclude that.

The initial guardian/mirror reporting looks to be pretty accurate.