Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
It's not exactly what you said though is it? You said it was one or two people on Twitter! I posted a link showing you were wrong and that its now being called into question in a national newspaper.

It's how these things work and I think you are being naive if you think it will never happen, the WRU has already defended the singing of the song a few years back so it's not much of a stretch is it?
But that article is where I heard about it myself, and "one or two" was a figure of speech, i.e not many out of a nation of 4 million

And the fact that it's a space filler in a notoriously shit for content online newspaper does not make it a "thing" a journalist has been asked to write a few hundred words about something which is relevant now so he has. Ultimately, the journalist has raised it, Mike Bubbins has raised it, and ok let's be generous and say for arguments sake say a couple of hundred of people on twitter agree. That's it. No need for the SnOWflAkeS BriTAiN Is BRoKeN pEA sEa gONe mAd outrage.

On another note, it is a weird song to sing at a sporting event, not that I care or think it should be banned