+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 FULHAM. Matchday thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 FULHAM. Matchday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Surrender flags? No a hefty dose of realism, methinks. We might somehow turn it around on Thursday but for that to happen Fulham would need to be as bad as we were tonight.

StT.
    <><
    I agree with your second part, however, there are folks talking about next season's Championship campaign while we still have another leg in this tie, I very much doubt the Jack's or their team took this defeatist attitude into the last game of the season having to not only win but to also overturn a five goal difference

This is sadly the difference between the two clubs, we lack self belief and believe we have no business playing in the top tier

UtSL.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I agree with your second part, however, there are folks talking about next season's Championship campaign while we still have another leg in this tie, I very much doubt the Jack's or their team took this defeatist attitude into the last game of the season having to not only win but to also overturn a five goal difference

This is sadly the difference between the two clubs, we lack self belief and believe we have no business playing in the top tier

UtSL.
    <><
    Yep - that's me. Normally I'd agree with you about having a positive attitude, and football has a habit of producing the unexpected, but I can't think of a single player for us tonight who won their personal battles - other than perhaps Tomlin. At this moment in time Fulham are out of our reach barring a miracle.

That doesn't mean we won't be playing them next year. If we are then I think they'll be in trouble as their best players are unlikely to want to hang around for another Championship campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post

UtSL.
    <><
    You would have to be a supreme optimist to think that City will beat Fulham by a 3 goal margin on Thursday! I don't believe that CCFC has no business playing in the PL, I just believe this City team has no business playing in the PL. It would be a complete humiliation, even if we somehow managed marginally more points than Derby did. The blessing from tonight is that we won't face a defeat by the Jacks. Even if they get past Brentford, they won't beat this Fulham side unless they manage to orchestrate another sending off.