Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
Anyone solved the buses problem yet? St Mary St was the obvious street to go 100% Continental, that’s where the majority of bars and food outlets are and would be managed by them, it would have meant minimal disruption and a lot cheaper no doubt. I’m wracking my brains to think of places in Castle & Duke Street that’ll provide table service, The Rummer? Revolution? The little Portuguese cafe? Or is it going to be an area for people to bring and eat their Greggs and Macdonalds delicacies? Are the tables allied to any establishments or are they free for anyone to sit there? If so, who is going to clean them in preparation for the next lot to sit down? From the photo I’ve seen it doesn’t look very inviting, I do hope the people that use the area treat it with respect and not have the ‘some other bugger can pick my litter up’ attitude.
I've been wondering about this too. There's an app involved, of course. Local pubs and restaurants can pay to join up, customers can check the menus of the places involved and order through the app. As far as I understand it, the restaurant just has to come up with the meal and the rest is taken care of, presumably by some kind of Deliveroo type service.

I'm probably being thick but I can't work out how, for example, 2 steak and kidney pies, peas, chips and gravy, a pint of lager and a glass of wine are going to make their way from Churchill Way to Castle Street in one piece. What happens if there's a problem with the meal? Plates and cutlery? Or will you be expected to eat a steak off a paper plate with a plastic knife and fork? Toilet facilities?

Open tomorrow. I'm assuming the Council aren't just going to wing it but I'm missing something for now.