+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TWIN TOWN, part 2 on the way !!!

Re: TWIN TOWN, part 2 on the way !!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    For all the wrong reasons.
    In what way would that be ?

Like Cardiff its a port and industrial centre

Its had an old established port area with Irish, Arab, somali and carribean communities

And in the post war it attracted immigrants to work in the NHS , transport etc

In the last 20 years , like most big towns and cities its attracted immigrants from Eastern Europe

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    so why film them in swansea , which at the time was known to be a UK hot spot for car crime , featured in the film or in cardiff which for a while along with bristol had quite a good dance scene ?

Why didn't they film it in Ebbw Vale?
    Too cold

In what way would that be ?

Like Cardiff its a port and industrial centre

Its had an old established port area with Irish, Arab, somali and carribean communities

And in the post war it attracted immigrants to work in the NHS , transport etc

In the last 20 years , like most big towns and cities its attracted immigrants from Eastern Europe
    Full of criminal gangs. The drugs and violence in Newport make Cardiff look like Port Meirion. The Yardie gangs in Newport go back a long way. It was one of the first Welsh citys or towns to be infiltrated by county lines gangs because of its location to the M4. Its certainly not cosmopolitan in the sophisticated sense of the word.

Full of criminal gangs. The drugs and violence in Newport make Cardiff look like Port Meirion. The Yardie gangs in Newport go back a long way. It was one of the first Welsh citys or towns to be infiltrated by county lines gangs because of its location to the M4. Its certainly not cosmopolitan in the sophisticated sense of the word.
    Well its correct I would agree that back in the day newport was known as a heroin town , like swansea whereas until the last decade cardiff was a speed , e and smoking town

Some people say newport and bristol were so close that the dealers from St Paul's and Easton muscled in , tried the same in cardiff but got a leathering so went on to swansea

Describing Swansea as "cosmopolitan" in 1997 when Twin Town was filmed is most laughable.
    Swansea is whiter than a Eugene Terre' blanche fan club outing, cosmopolitan it is not, neither is Newport, and i'd say that Cardiff is, just about.

Well its correct I would agree that back in the day newport was known as a heroin town , like swansea whereas until the last decade cardiff was a speed , e and smoking town

Some people say newport and bristol were so close that the dealers from St Paul's and Easton muscled in , tried the same in cardiff but got a leathering so went on to swansea
    Cardiff luvs the Ching..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Swansea is whiter than a Eugene Terre' blanche fan club outing, cosmopolitan it is not, neither is Newport, and i'd say that Cardiff is, just about.
    Swansea , Cardiff and Newport all have significant ethnic minority populations

Cardiff and Newport particularly so

Swansea has quite a large Bangladeshi community centered around St helens Rd, Landore and sketty

Cardiff has a large ethnic minority population in Butetown, Grangetown, Riverside, Roath , Cathays and Splott

Newport has its own version of Butetown, Pill and Maindee over the other side of the usk has a large Pakistani community

Have a look at the breakdown of the population of cardiff

16 percent , that's nearly one in 5 , is from an ethnic minority

Swansea , Cardiff and Newport all have significant ethnic minority populations

Cardiff and Newport particularly so

Swansea has quite a large Bangladeshi community centered around St helens Rd, Landore and sketty

Cardiff has a large ethnic minority population in Butetown, Grangetown, Riverside, Roath , Cathays and Splott

Newport has its own version of Butetown, Pill and Maindee over the other side of the usk has a large Pakistani community

Have a look at the breakdown of the population of cardiff

16 percent , that's nearly one in 5 , is from an ethnic minority
    1 in 6

1 in 6
    Its actually 16.7 percent , not far off one in 5 , that's cosmopolitan in anyones book

It has a smaller white community percentage wise than Bristol or Leeds , both seen as multi racial cities

80 percent of cardiffs population is defined as white British, meaning 20 percent is white European such as Polish or other East European, Irish or black , mixed race , Asian etc

20 percent , one in 5 , of cardiffs population is not white British

Thats a cosmopolitan city

Banned

Too cold
    They were thinking of filming the prequel in Ebbw Vale but, because it was set in the 70s the town needed too much modernisation so they scrapped the idea.

Its actually 16.7 percent , not far off one in 5 , that's cosmopolitan in anyones book

It has a smaller white community percentage wise than Bristol or Leeds , both seen as multi racial cities
    16.7% x 6 = 100.2%

16.7% x 5 = 83.5%

You need to brush up on your maths Sludge.

16.7% x 6 = 100.2%

16.7% x 5 = 83.5%

You need to brush up on your maths Sludge.
    Nit picking

Either way cardiff has a smaller white British population than Bristol and Leeds

Twenty percent of the citys population is from a non white British background

Thats a cosmopolitan city , whichever way you want to look at it

If twenty percent of people living in cardiff are Eastern European, Irish, Italian , Pakistani, Bangladeshi , Indian , kurdish , Afghan , Afro Caribbean, African , Arabic then what does that tell you ?

It tells me that cardiff is a very culturally diverse city , whether we are arguing whether its 1 in 5 or one 6 of cardiffs residents is from a minority background and my crap command of maths doesn't come into it .

Have a look at the 2011 census data for cardiff which is where this information came from

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Now called TIN TOWN

https://apple.news/AyAfaVvFkRFqzommC9ajLMg

Anyone got a TANK ??
    My friend co-wrote the original. He fell out with Kevin Allen so he's not involved in this one.
    I think the official term is 'artistic differences' (which really means £££)

Nit picking

Either way cardiff has a smaller white British population than Bristol and Leeds

Twenty percent of the citys population is from a non white British background

Thats a cosmopolitan city , whichever way you want to look at it

If twenty percent of people living in cardiff are Eastern European, Irish, Italian , Pakistani, Bangladeshi , Indian , kurdish , Afghan , Afro Caribbean, African , Arabic then what does that tell you ?

It tells me that cardiff is a very culturally diverse city , whether we are arguing whether its 1 in 5 or one 6 of cardiffs residents is from a minority background and my crap command of maths doesn't come into it .

Have a look at the 2011 census data for cardiff which is where this information came from
    Quite what the **** any of that has to do with Twin Town, filmed in 1997, in Swansea god only knows

Youve been arguing over a few miles in this thread and you say I am nit picking

Quite what the **** any of that has to do with Twin Town, filmed in 1997, in Swansea god only knows

Youve been arguing over a few miles in this thread and you say I am nit picking
    I have said all along swansea and to a greater extent newport and cardiff are cosmopolitan cities

You don't

Just look at the 2011 census figures for cardiff

I shall leave you to argue with yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    My friend co-wrote the original. He fell out with Kevin Allen so he's not involved in this one.
    I think the official term is 'artistic differences' (which really means £££)
    Kevin Allen is supposed to be like his brother, a bit of a ****

I have said all along swansea and to a greater extent newport and cardiff are cosmopolitan cities

You don't

Swansea cosmopolitan? Really? It’s as white as they come isn’t it? As for the film I was always more of a human traffic fan, another writer ( Kerrigan) who got fleeced by the producers and still is with HT2 by all account

You don't

There are a lot more foreign folks in Cardiff now than there was in 2011 too, a good thing I think.

You don't

What are you wittering on about?

Kevin Allen is supposed to be like his brother, a bit of a ****
    Neither are lacking in confidence from my experience. Not without talent though, Kevin went on to make a spoof film about the world hairdressing championship which was pretty funny. My mate took a fee as opposed to royalties for Twin Town. Looked like a good deal after its cinema release but DVD sales did really well.