+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where's Gluey?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where's Gluey?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nah, he's in the position he is just in case the cross is short, not to pick up the runner, who doesn't really bust a gut to get there. He isn't even aware of the runner. That said, i still don't think that it's a bad position, if he isn't in that hole then there's a shitload of space to exploit. I hear what Hartley is saying, and i agree, what don't agree on is that Ampadu is in a poor position. I don't think that you have to make excuses for him on this one.

Re: Where's Gluey?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, he's in the position he is just in case the cross is short, not to pick up the runner, who doesn't really bust a gut to get there. He isn't even aware of the runner. That said, i still don't think that it's a bad position, if he isn't in that hole then there's a shitload of space to exploit. I hear what Hartley is saying, and i agree, what don't agree on is that Ampadu is in a poor position. I don't think that you have to make excuses for him on this one.
    If you watch the video carefully, Ampadu has already looked and he knows Bamford is going away from goal, and he can see Robinson is tracking him, so defending the goal is a considered position since the goalkeeper is also being dragged wide, and Rodrigo is lurking in a central area.