+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VAR and offside. It's such a simple solution.

Re: VAR and offside. It's such a simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don't know why half the people on the thread don't grasp this.
    It’s actually bothering me that people think I’m being stupid. Every single new suggestion is just a different reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Why don't we just turn these VAR decisions on their head and say, if any part of the body is onside, yes even a finger tip, it is NOT offside. Reverse the VAR silliness in the attackers favour?
    Attacking players would keep an arm outstretched in an attempt to keep a finger tip onside, whilst being able to gain a couple of feet advantage over the defender.

QUOTE=The Bloop;5135160]Attacking players would keep an arm outstretched in an attempt to keep a finger tip onside, whilst being able to gain a couple of feet advantage over the defender.[/QUOTE]

So the advantage would switch to the attacking players, which is what thinks all about.

Anyone would think, we were on about attacking players wearing JUMBO HANDS, to gain an advantage

Why don't we just turn these VAR decisions on their head and say, if any part of the body is onside, yes even a finger tip, it is NOT offside. Reverse the VAR silliness in the attackers favour?
    Just drawing the line in a different place again.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    QUOTE=The Bloop;5135160]Attacking players would keep an arm outstretched in an attempt to keep a finger tip onside, whilst being able to gain a couple of feet advantage over the defender.

So the advantage would switch to the attacking players, which is what thinks all about.

Anyone would think, we were on about attacking players wearing JUMBO HANDS, to gain an advantage[/QUOTE]

Jumbo hands or not, the advantage would be massive, especially at set pieces. The attacking team could have as many players as they want between the keeper and the defensive line as long as they each keep any part of their body behind any part of any defender.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Anyone would think, we were on about attacking players wearing JUMBO HANDS, to gain an advantage
    Jumbo hands or not, the advantage would be massive, especially at set pieces. The attacking team could have as many players as they want between the keeper and the defensive line as long as they each keep any part of their body behind any part of any defender.[/QUOTE]

Which is the opposite of what’s happening now, can’t you see that.

It was always give the benefit of doubt to the attacker, with VAR as it is, the advantage is with the defender

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Just drawing the line in a different place again.
    It is but the advantage is then with an attacker and hopefully more goals in the game and therefore not disallowing perfectly good strikes just because the striker has a bigger c--k than the centre half

I reminisce over the days of trying to explain the offside law to women!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Jumbo hands or not, the advantage would be massive, especially at set pieces. The attacking team could have as many players as they want between the keeper and the defensive line as long as they each keep any part of their body behind any part of any defender.

Which is the opposite of what’s happening now, can’t you see that.

It was always give the benefit of doubt to the attacker, with VAR as it is, the advantage is with the defender[/QUOTE]

I haven't said I cant see whats happening?? All I've given is a way that players could use any changes to the current rules to their maximum advantage.
    All I can see is that it's a complete mess at the moment. VAR isnt being used as originally intended, and that there isnt a clear way out of the mess the authorities have created. The current situation causes more lengthier debates than pre-VAR (unless of course you're Welsh and wish it existed in 1978😁), which isnt healthy for the good of the game.

It is but the advantage is then with an attacker and hopefully more goals in the game and therefore not disallowing perfectly good strikes just because the striker has a bigger c--k than the centre half
    I've got no probelm with the attacker having the advantage I just don't think changing the reference point is going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I've got no probelm with the attacker having the advantage I just don't think changing the reference point is going to change anything.

More goals would count .