+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Gerard Houllier

RIP Gerard Houllier

Re: RIP Gerard Houllier

Sad to hear that because he did seem to be a good bloke - not altogether surprising though given his previous heart problems.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sad to hear that because he did seem to be a good bloke - not altogether surprising though given his previous heart problems.

RIP
    From what I have read now and in the past he was an exceptionally decent man as well as a fine manager.

A great shame but as you say Bob he had had heart problems for many years.

RIP Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

RIP
    Yes, he seemed like a throughly decent chap.

A friend of mine just told me this story about someone he knows who:

'..... rang up the Vale training ground a couple of days before the 2001 FA Cup Final in Cardiff and asked to be put through to Mr Houllier’s room. The muppet did it as a laugh as he simply wanted to know if Liverpool were wearing the home or away kit so as a fan he could wear the right top to the pub as it hadn’t been confirmed in the press at time. A charming but confused Houllier gave him a scoop that it was away kit!'

The Ginola incident was an all time classic.

RIP.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yes, he seemed like a throughly decent chap.

A friend of mine just told me this story about someone he knows who:

'..... rang up the Vale training ground a couple of days before the 2001 FA Cup Final in Cardiff and asked to be put through to Mr Houllier’s room. The muppet did it as a laugh as he simply wanted to know if Liverpool were wearing the home or away kit so as a fan he could wear the right top to the pub as it hadn’t been confirmed in the press at time. A charming but confused Houllier gave him a scoop that it was away kit!'

classy man RIP Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Ginola incident was an all time classic.

RIP.
    Didier Deschamps, who would go on to captain France in 1998, said the failure was collective: "We've made real asses of ourselves." Gerard Houllier, who described the night as "the most catastrophic scenario imaginable", disagreed. The France manager singled out Ginola for criticism, accusing him of being "the murderer" of French hopes: "He sent an Exocet missile through the heart of French football and committed a crime against the team."