Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
its a clear bloody indicator we are going back to Neil Warnock type signings, which wouldnt be a surprise considering weve employed Mick McCarthy. It wouldnt be so ridiculous if we hadnt held a fans meeting only last week to explain we were going down a different route in the transfer market.
But you've misunderstood. No one has said we're only signing younger players from now on but the aim of the squad is to be "ideally like a hybrid squad, with more experienced players still in situ to bring through exciting youngsters."

That means signing more younger players than older ones given who is already here, but if there is a player who fits a need on a good deal then why would we turn our noses up at it? From what I can tell in that Glen Williams article this would be just our second player over the age of 25 in our 9 most recent signings, and in window where we've also moved Cunningham on so we can bring Brown back.

Maybe I'm a bit bored of the negativity about everything (and overly pro-Jonny Williams) so will take a break now. I do think we should be able to be more nuanced in our analysis of potential transfers and dare I say supportive or our players though.