+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rodon

Rodon

Dreadful defending for Liverpool's third goal.
    The defence has looked very un-Mourinho-like tonight.

Currently 1-3. Time for Bale shirley

Re: Rodon

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Is he fit, would he make a difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is he fit, would he make a difference ?
    He would if he was, but I don't think he is.
    Couple of touches but not made an impact.
    Spurs awful tonight mind you.

Not good at all for the Welsh contingent. Spurs gradually became weaker and weaker as the game went on. Only thing you could sympathise with Bale for was the dubious ‘honour’ of being introduced so late in a poor performance and getting soaked to the skin because of it.

I didn't think it was that bad. it was a difficult ball, he made a mistake. More often than not he would have got away with it. He had a good game otherwise.

I think Bale might retire after the next World Cup campaign (at least top leagues in the world) but it's incorrect to say he can't make a positive impact still. Aguero is returning to Man City with 3/4 months of the season and will help them win the title, just as Bale will return to Spurs lineup in last few months and help them enter Champions League. How many other players in the Spurs squad have won a major trophy?

General consensus from Twitter is that Rodon played very well except for being beaten for the goal when he could have done better.

Apparently, both sides looked incredibly tired also. This is a long, long season for all sides but perhaps Spurs have played more football than any other and Liverpool finally have injuries after 2 years without any big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not good at all for the Welsh contingent. Spurs gradually became weaker and weaker as the game went on. Only thing you could sympathise with Bale for was the dubious ‘honour’ of being introduced so late in a poor performance and getting soaked to the skin because of it.

Its déjà vu time for Bale didn't this happen at his later Madrid career. I still wonder if Spurs had to take him as part of the Sergio Reguilon transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I didn't think it was that bad. it was a difficult ball, he made a mistake. More often than not he would have got away with it. He had a good game otherwise.
    It was a BIG mistake.
    Facing his own goal, centrally 5 yards out, with one of the world's top poachers on your shoulder, you simply cannot take two touches.
    That killed any chance they had of getting anything from the game.

You say he had a good game no doubt because he made a few decent last ditch tackles. I remember thinking the same.
    As a unit though, Spurs looked very shaky and if Liverpool were on their game, it could have been a rout.

I was quite excited seeing both Rodon and Davies at the heart of the Spurs defence but it didn't go well.
    Liverpool did look like they might be over their blip but I wonder how much was down to Spurs failings.

It should be said that Kane getting injured very early on was a big blow to them and they couldn't quite get going.
    Liverpool's midfield were dominant and this probably key to the Spurs defenders being exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think Bale might retire after the next World Cup campaign (at least top leagues in the world) but it's incorrect to say he can't make a positive impact still. Aguero is returning to Man City with 3/4 months of the season and will help them win the title, just as Bale will return to Spurs lineup in last few months and help them enter Champions League. How many other players in the Spurs squad have won a major trophy?

General consensus from Twitter is that Rodon played very well except for being beaten for the goal when he could have done better.

Apparently, both sides looked incredibly tired also. This is a long, long season for all sides but perhaps Spurs have played more football than any other and Liverpool finally have injuries after 2 years without any big ones.
    I think your faith in Bale is admirable but it's become more evident with each game that the player we once treasured is a pale shadow of his former self.

Injuries have taken their toll on his body and robbed him of his blistering speed, which was his main asset. This in turn appears to have affected his confidence and sadly he's unable to impact games any more.

It is frustrating to see Gareth Bale come on, he still looks like he could take the game by the scruff of the neck and change its course single handed but when he gets the ball he takes the easy option.

There must be a reason for this..
    Is he in dispute with JM?
    Is he not fit?
    Is he playing within himself because he is worried of a relapse?

I always felt that he had a rough deal with RM, Zidane favouring CR, the crowds getting on his case and ZZ not defending him but are we seeing now what was really happening there?

I too fear we may have seen the best of GB and that China or MLS beckon.
    Hope I'm wrong.

It is frustrating to see Gareth Bale come on, he still looks like he could take the game by the scruff of the neck and change its course single handed but when he gets the ball he takes the easy option.

There must be a reason for this..
    Is he in dispute with JM?
    Is he not fit?
    Is he playing within himself because he is worried of a relapse?

I always felt that he had a rough deal with RM, Zidane favouring CR, the crowds getting on his case and ZZ not defending him but are we seeing now what was really happening there?

I too fear we may have seen the best of GB and that China or MLS beckon.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    I think its that plus a loss of confidence

It's a shame we can't have Bale, still has some exceptional touches and without trying too hard glided past the Wycombe defence a few times the other night.

He can still be effective at the top if he really wanted to and had a run of games which rightly or wtongly and for whatever reason he isn't getting.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Seems to me he’s retired in all but name already when it comes to club football, but I think his attitude may be different when it comes to the international stuff in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems to me he’s retired in all but name already when it comes to club football, but I think his attitude may be different when it comes to the international stuff in the summer.
    It's an odd situation. He's had some niggling injuries and not had a run of games which hasn't helped but he's still got pace and ability to go past players. Maybe it's a mental issue or he just doesn't enjoy it anymore.

Rodon dropped to the bench tonight v Chelsea.
    Joins Gareth Bale who unsurprisingly also gets "rested".

It’s a worry. Ampadu is playing well. Ben Davies is back to getting regular game time. Ramsey gets some game time for Juve but is by no means a regular starter. Bale, Rodon and Dan James are bench warmers. Hennessey is injured but is second choice at Palace. Then we have Brooks playing in the second tier along with Mepham who looks like an accident waiting to happen.Wilson is struggling at Cardiff.Allen is not pulling up any trees at Stoke.

It’s not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s a worry. Ampadu is playing well. Ben Davies is back to getting regular game time. Ramsey gets some game time for Juve but is by no means a regular starter. Bale, Rodon and Dan James are bench warmers. Hennessey is injured but is second choice at Palace. Then we have Brooks playing in the second tier along with Mepham who looks like an accident waiting to happen.Wilson is struggling at Cardiff.Allen is not pulling up any trees at Stoke.

It’s not great.
    Not great if you put it that way.

The good news is that Spurs have been so dire without them against Chelsea tonight that it may not be all over for the said pair just yet.

Bale was thrown under a bus last week to be fair to him having only started once this season and that in the FA Cup against a bunch of near amateurs.
    His replacement tonight Viniscius has been a complete passenger.
    I can only recall him touching the ball once.

Ben Davies looks good but is being exposed time and again.