+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 Wales players on the pitch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 10 Wales players on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    England have a sickening amount of talent at the moment.

they could still pick the likes of foden, mount, Sancho, TAA, rice, greenwood, Saka in their u21s squad. they should be a real force for the next decade.

although france are also bringing through a lot of talent too
    Since the FA set up their St George's training facility in 2012 their pool talent has gone from strength to strength. Remember that Foden, Sancho, Hudson Odoi were all in the team that won the under 17 World Cup 4 years ago. A certain Rhian Brewster was also top scorer in the tournament. Theyve got a steady stream of talent on the conveyor belt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Since the FA set up their St George's training facility in 2012 their pool talent has gone from strength to strength. Remember that Foden, Sancho, Hudson Odoi were all in the team that won the under 17 World Cup 4 years ago. A certain Rhian Brewster was also top scorer in the tournament. Theyve got a steady stream of talent on the conveyor belt.

You name some good players in that group and some of them will go on to have great club careers The problem Ingurlund have is, that whilst these players play well with other world class players around them AT CLUB LEVEL, as a unit in the ingurlund set up, they do not produce the same level of performance, therefore, somewhere along the way they have a stinker and lose to lesser teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You name some good players in that group and some of them will go on to have great club careers The problem Ingurlund have is, that whilst these players play well with other world class players around them AT CLUB LEVEL, as a unit in the ingurlund set up, they do not produce the same level of performance, therefore, somewhere along the way they have a stinker and lose to lesser teams.
    I don't think the new crop have had a run though, they've only really come through since the last tournament and Southgate seems to be playing it safe. They'll win something in the not too distant future, the amount of attacking talent they've got is frightening

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ingerlund should build their side around players from Weeds, Sjoke and Abertawe Town in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ingerlund should build their side around players from Weeds, Sjoke and Abertawe Town in my opinion.
    Perfick

England have a crazy amount of talent coming through but they always have done. Is it any different to the years people drooled over Gerard, lampard, scholes etc.

They continually under achieve and Wales in more recent times over achieve. Personally I’d consider even the semi final against Croatia a massive failure, they had an easy run and failed at the first difficult hurdle.

Im not anti England ( though I wouldn’t want them to win a trophy!) just it’s a never ending circle of their teams getting talked up, destroying managers and ultimate failure

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    England have a crazy amount of talent coming through but they always have done. Is it any different to the years people drooled over Gerard, lampard, scholes etc.

They continually under achieve and Wales in more recent times over achieve. Personally I’d consider even the semi final against Croatia a massive failure, they had an easy run and failed at the first difficult hurdle.

Im not anti England ( though I wouldn’t want them to win a trophy!) just it’s a never ending circle of their teams getting talked up, destroying managers and ultimate failure
    Exactly, at Euro 2004 England could put out an 11 including Ashley Cole, John Terry, Sol Campbell, David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney & Michael Owen. All world class players & the likes of Joe Cole, Ledley King & Owen Hargreaves on the bench