Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
Your summary of Vincent Tans reign is just plain wrong. Everything about the club is better, including the stadium, training and back up facilities (now one of the best in the country). The vast majority (if not all) of our debt is to Tan and the club own the stadium outright. A large part of his debt has also been converted to equity and the remainder will be when financial conditions allow. Prior to his reign we were up to our eyeballs in debt to numerous parties (including the council, HMRC and various banks) and on the verge of bankruptcy. We have been in the Premier League twice and challenging at the top of the Championship for a continuous period of over 11 years. OK the team currently is not as strong as some in the past but every team has to continuously evolve and be rebuilt. The fact that young players are also being brought through now is another indication that things are being done correctly.
You just don't like Tan, never have and wont be happy until he leaves. God help us if he does is what I say.
We reached a Play OFf Final in the season before Vincent Tan formally joined the Board (09/10), so we’ve declined slightly since then if you go by last season’s finish and we’d been using the ground for a year prior to him arriving, so the only thing that’s changed there is the addition of the Ninian Stand extension. We’ve still not got the club owned training facilities our owner was talking about nine years ago at the time of the rebrand and, although I acknowledged that it isn’t as dangerous as it was then, our debt is much bigger than it was in 2010.

If you think back to the eighties and nineties, the idea that we would have a billionaire in charge one day seemed pie in the sky, yet, partly because there are so many billionaires in the game now, the advances made since 10/11 are pretty modest and I’m sure Vincent Tan would have expected a bigger and better return on his investment than he’s seen so far - you can’t blame him at all if he’s decided to rein things in this season.