+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: BLACKPOOL 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BLACKPOOL 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why do you make a fool of yourself every time? We won, we played a decent game. Kudos to MM and the boys. But it doesn't negate all the dross we've suffered in the past. I hope we kick on. But one swallow does not a summer make. Enjoy the moment. Don't crow. You are in no way vindicated.
    Who gives a rats arse about the past, its the here and now that matters.

I really don't understand why some of our fans try and score points against each other and cannot at least try and enjoy moments like these

No doubt people will pour more cold water by drawing on the stat that Blackpool had two thirds of possession.
    The fact we did 'em sixteen shots to eight will matter not.

Disclaimer... I didn't see the game and didn't know the score til 6 o'clock but what a win...

P.S. Bravo Bacuna!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He can do all that in CM. doesn't need to take one of the attacking roles.
    Not if we play two at CM. Bacuna is a WB or AM (of sorts) in our current formation.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Not if we play two at CM. Bacuna is a WB or AM (of sorts) in our current formation.
    He's left sided, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Who gives a rats arse about the past, its the here and now that matters.

I really don't understand why some of our fans try and score points against each other and cannot at least try and enjoy moments like these

No doubt people will pour more cold water by drawing on the stat that Blackpool had two thirds of possession.
    The fact we did 'em sixteen shots to eight will matter not.

Disclaimer... I didn't see the game and didn't know the score til 6 o'clock but what a win...

P.S. Bravo Bacuna!
    I did see the game. It was a good performance. When I say say "the past" I mean last week, last season. I'm not talking about 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I did see the game. It was a good performance. When I say say "the past" I mean last week, last season. I'm not talking about 1976.

He mentioned point scoring earlier in the thread, then replies in the same sort of fashion "point scoring" and not letting something go, arguing for arguing sake. Pot kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    MM has got him there because he can drop deeper and act as another CM if it gets on top. He's thinking defensive. He's giving up an attacking position to fit in a utility man, Jack of all trades who isn't particularly good at what he's being asked to do but will have the odd good day there, but he's there because in his Jack of all trades repertoire he can also cover CM and that suits old Mick the prick with his 5 defenders and 3 midfielders. 2 attacking players out of 10 is poor. Obviously it will work some of the time, but against better teams it is going to be a right slog.

I can't be arsed getting onto a big ccmb debate slogfest.

Morrison coming back in made a big difference IMO. Whenever Ng or Bagan were caught out of position (which will inevitably happen as wing backs) he was able to read the danger and go across to cover. I don't think Flint and Nelson have that same level of intelligence. He also bullied Keogh in both boxes.

Thought Bagan was shaky last week and in the first half yesterday, but second half he did really well. Always an option and distributed the ball well. His foul was brilliant, not quite Gyepes-level but a crucial one to make.

Collins looks a very good like-for-like for Moore but on current evidence his finishing leaves a lot to be desired.

Still too much aimless hoof all, especially from Flint, and Blackpool were poor, but a good away performance on the whole.

Mick the prick? I’m sorry, what?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Mick the prick? I’m sorry, what?
    yeah very childish

It was men against boys yesterday. Dominated them from start to finish. 2-0 flattered Blackpool it could and should have been at least 4-0 with the chances we created.

Comprehensively beaten by a very good cardiff side

Quote Blackpool Gazette football writer

If that's how he saw us that will do for me

Stanley Matthews could have done better when he retired from the game. Defending that was worthy of Pontcanna on a Saturday afternoon. I could have scored against them, they were so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Stanley Matthews could have done better when he retired from the game. Defending that was worthy of Pontcanna on a Saturday afternoon. I could have scored against them, they were so poor.
    But apart from being miserable because city won , how has your day been ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Bore off dick head

We made them look poor. The stream I had was from the blackpool Ifollow player so it had their commentary and they were saying how Mick had clearly done his homework as we were pressing them high up the pitch and they couldn’t play their football from the back.

Yes we play to our strengths and use our size and physicality from set pieces and getting crosses into the box but it’s not aimless hoofball we saw under Warnock. Far from it.

The lone striker was often isolated under Warnock. Full backs who never crossed the half way line.

We had 17 attempts at goal yesterday I think Mick deserves some credit for our performance. One criticism is we didn’t take a lot of good chances but on another day we will be more clinical.