+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giles

Re: Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    transfermarkt has 2025 as well, the 2022 applies to our loan contract, there's another section for his contract at wolves.

yeah I'd say the chances of us keeping him are miniscule, he's clearly in their long term plans
    Ah right, see what you mean now.

Signed a new deal in Dec 2020. After reading this article I’d be amazed if he moved on from Wolves anytime soon. Sounds like he’s a Wolves fan too. Born in Telford, 20 miles away.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...m-wolves-deal/

Ah well, just enjoy him for this season. He’s certainly giving us something we’ve lacked for a while.

I would imagine there are other employees at the club
    No shit. But the manager is the manager. It's worth a punt. I'm just saying if it was me, I'd try to make deal before this window closes. I think he's going to have a great season.

I think we could get him if we went up. In the very likely event of us not doing so, maybe we'd have to start looking at someone like Keiron Evans.

now that is interesting.

so we want him to do well enough to get us promoted, but not too well that anyone bigger than us wants to sign him.
    that seems like a pretty small window of opportunity
    Honestly? No, I don't want him to well enough to get us promoted. Teams like Fulham and Cardiff who need to do major surgery to their sides end up being relegated straight away.

Earliest we should want promotion is at end of next year when, fingers crossed, Bagan, McGuiness and others have had two seasons under their young belts and are ready for the challenge.

Best we can get out of Giles is Mick trusting a young player to do that job and looking to fill his position with the same next year and premier league sides seeing us as a good place to send their best on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Honestly? No, I don't want him to well enough to get us promoted. Teams like Fulham and Cardiff who need to do major surgery to their sides end up being relegated straight away.

Earliest we should want promotion is at end of next year when, fingers crossed, Bagan, McGuiness and others have had two seasons under their young belts and are ready for the challenge.

Best we can get out of Giles is Mick trusting a young player to do that job and looking to fill his position with the same next year and premier league sides seeing us as a good place to send their best on loan.
    Beggars cant be choosers. Promotion to the Premier League will always be welcome for the riches it brings. Even if we come straight back down hopefully we can use the money more wisely to build for the future. In the main we are signing younger players since Warnock left and so hopefully lessons have been learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Beggars cant be choosers. Promotion to the Premier League will always be welcome for the riches it brings. Even if we come straight back down hopefully we can use the money more wisely to build for the future. In the main we are signing younger players since Warnock left and so hopefully lessons have been learnt.
    Hopefully Tan has at long last learned the football business and is now going to run the club the way it should have been the last few years. I’d rather watch a team with a few youngsters trying to prove themselves and slowly build for the future.
    Biggest decision for the club is who to replace mick with when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hopefully Tan has at long last learned the football business and is now going to run the club the way it should have been the last few years. I’d rather watch a team with a few youngsters trying to prove themselves and slowly build for the future.
    Biggest decision for the club is who to replace mick with when the time comes.
    If we are hoping to bring the youngsters through in the next few years then Mick is a safe pair of hands to do so. We wont get relegated under Mick.