+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock

Re: Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Took us up then we dropped like a big fat turd to the bottom end of the championship then he hobbled off leaving over priced players and ridiculous contracts behind,
    He messed up at Qpr in the end and same with Cardiff in the end and Boro are next..
    Brexit loving dinosaur screwed us over with agents getting massive pay outs no doubt he had brown envelopes.
    Says what people want to hear and people suck it up.
    Sorry I didn't mean to quote anyone

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Every manager does this
    Not to the extent he does. Often deflects a poor result by talking up the fans.

I'll make two points about Warnock:

i) I see his time here in three chapters where he firstly came in and re-united the club, then got us promotion and then struggled post Christmas in the premier league and left us with an awkward and expensive squad. We're not the first side he's left in that way.

ii) Leeds United aside, it's very possible that he's getting better as a manager. Certainly Boro's current squad looks younger, despite brining back his friends recently, and better set for longer term than the one he left here and he's gone out and found what might be a Camarasa type from Argentina which he'd never have taken before Taarabt fell into his lap.

If Bamba takes over either at the end of this year or end of next year Boro may have even avoided Warnock's Chapter 3 (the fall and more negative lasting impact) whereas our succession plan could have easily been Kevin Blackwell - Warnock and majority on here may not have been impressed by Neil Harris but Warnock never beat Harris' Cardiff and struggled against his Millwall.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not to the extent he does. Often deflects a poor result by talking up the fans.
    And they lap it up, he's no mug

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Maybe he's just an enthusiastic bloke who loves football and gets carried away with the excitement of a win. Really can't get my head around why so many city fans are intent on doing him down, he was great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And they lap it up, he's no mug
    Absolutely. Anyone who falls for it is a mug. Give me straight talking Mick any day.

Wasn’t able to keep any club up in the Premier League. Tan should have sacked him as soon as they got promotion. Out of his depth in every sense

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Maybe he's just an enthusiastic bloke who loves football and gets carried away with the excitement of a win. Really can't get my head around why so many city fans are intent on doing him down, he was great for us.
    Yes he was great for us on the pitch, but should have left as soon as we got relegated. He hung around for his managerial lap of honour, before intending to retire to Devon, which in my opinion set the club back a year if not more. Didnt even turn out to be his swansong as 8 months later he was back in a job, just about as far away from Devon as he could get.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Yes he was great for us on the pitch, but should have left as soon as we got relegated. He hung around for his managerial lap of honour, before intending to retire to Devon, which in my opinion set the club back a year if not more. Didnt even turn out to be his swansong as 8 months later he was back in a job, just about as far away from Devon as he could get.

Funny how he goes on about his missus and how he takes her advice then takes jobs three days on a fresh horse away, she’s obviously got someone else cutting her grass and keeping his tractor seat warm

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Absolutely. Anyone who falls for it is a mug. Give me straight talking Mick any day.
    Same as the Malky fist pump i used to leave bang on the whistle before the he did the fist pump for the gullible.. Mick just says it straight but a Tan yes man according to the club bashers

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Funny how he goes on about his missus and how he takes her advice then takes jobs three days on a fresh horse away, she’s obviously got someone else cutting her grass and keeping his tractor seat warm
    😯😂

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    If I pretend to love you, would you love me back?

Dinosaur on the take.. And suckers fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    To say he "was great for us" is too much of a generalisation. It overlooks a lot of his poor expenditure in the transfer market. It also overlooks the fact he didn't build any foundations at the club and had a footballing philosophy that was too short term and could never survive in the Premier league.
    His close links to the his son's footballers' agency was another 'grey area'.
    If you are listing the Colin negatives you’ve missed out the word McKay

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    “Best chairman I’ve ever ‘ad”
    “I were sayin’ to Blackie the other day”
    Racist. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'll make two points about Warnock:

i) I see his time here in three chapters where he firstly came in and re-united the club, then got us promotion and then struggled post Christmas in the premier league and left us with an awkward and expensive squad. We're not the first side he's left in that way.

ii) Leeds United aside, it's very possible that he's getting better as a manager. Certainly Boro's current squad looks younger, despite brining back his friends recently, and better set for longer term than the one he left here and he's gone out and found what might be a Camarasa type from Argentina which he'd never have taken before Taarabt fell into his lap.

If Bamba takes over either at the end of this year or end of next year Boro may have even avoided Warnock's Chapter 3 (the fall and more negative lasting impact) whereas our succession plan could have easily been Kevin Blackwell - Warnock and majority on here may not have been impressed by Neil Harris but Warnock never beat Harris' Cardiff and struggled against his Millwall.
    Fair point, people can improve with time.

Before Warnock went to middlesborough though they had a really young side, packed with academy players, maybe thats the right time to bring someone like that on board. He gets results and is an excellent man manager

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Racist. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    “Best chairman I’ve ever ‘ad”
    “I were sayin’ to Blackie the other day”
    Sounds like a Malky text message