+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

Quote Originally Posted by rob276 View Post
    This charity were collecting pre covid so might be worth a try.

https://www.boomerangcardiff.org.uk/
    Top Man

Just sorted out a collection for a week Thursday

Great charity for the homeless , directly helping them through kitting out flats or bedsits with furniture donated when someone is lucky enough to get a place to live or funding their projects by raising money through donations 😀

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Top Man

Just sorted out a collection for a week Thursday

Great charity for the homeless , directly helping them through kitting out flats or bedsits with furniture donated when someone is lucky enough to get a place to live or funding their projects by raising money through donations ��
    They turned up at my mums today ,( pre booked) took what they could use , they are fairly strict in what they want, which is fair enough. Both myself and my partner wanted my late mums possessions to be recycled where possible , had to be a charity and homeless was top of the list.
    Filled a LWB van with anything that may have been of value or useful and headed into Barry which apparently has 17 charity shops of one kind or the other..
    After knocking on half a dozen doors , they didn't even want to see what we had , they are all jam packed, the council shop tomorrow in Lamby way , failing that its a skip . What a sign of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    They turned up at my mums today ,( pre booked) took what they could use , they are fairly strict in what they want, which is fair enough. Both myself and my partner wanted my late mums possessions to be recycled where possible , had to be a charity and homeless was top of the list.
    Filled a LWB van with anything that may have been of value or useful and headed into Barry which apparently has 17 charity shops of one kind or the other..
    After knocking on half a dozen doors , they didn't even want to see what we had , they are all jam packed, the council shop tomorrow in Lamby way , failing that its a skip . What a sign of the times.
    I pass this place regularly as it's just up the road from me. Opened in 2014. It's part of Cadwyn Housing Association. They collect. There's a lot of info and a form on the site. Nu Life Furniture.

EDIT: Just noticed this has already been mentioned.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 27-10-21 at 04:50. Reason: Clarity.