Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
It could be worth writing to the club with those ideas. Doubt they'd be willing to put any serious money in given the state of the finances right now, but some of your suggestions would require no financial input from the club.

In Cardiffs defence here, it's worth pointing out that Shelter approached the clubs for their support with this - the whole campaign is their idea. As valid as your points are, can you imagine how much worse it would be if they had said no?
It's a very fair point, especially regarding Shelter approaching the clubs.

I'm definitely not critical of the club as such, I think it's just the way corporations increasingly do this kind of thing and kind of wash their hands of it all and meaningful change never happens.

And it's not sports clubs role to enact meaningful societal change either, but I also don't think you get to touch on these subjects and then move on. Take them seriously, and with some simple changes some good can be done.

Yeah, I may put this in an email to the club actually. A lot of it is very doable, and so much of homelessness is tied to mental health problems, that football can help with, in providing something everyone should be able to unite in support of. Sometimes, even just inviting people along to sit as equals amongst us does more good than people may realise.